wdEvA

Headphones vs IEM

Hey guys, I'm planning to change my sennheiser PMX200 to something else for my mp3 player.

may i know what am i loosing out if i were to go for IEM over headphones

What IEMS do u recommend? budget <$150

• Comfort
  • Punchy bass
  • clarity

What headphones do u recommend? budget <$250 (Use for mp3 player as well as some home use)

• Comfort
  • Punchy bass
  • clarity

Thanks

I suggest the k81dj and sf5eb for a total budget of $400+. But the proportions of allocation are different from what you wanted.

Otherwise at under a $150 price point IEM, you can try the Mylarones XB

thanks..

hmm i'm will be actually only getting either the IEM or the headphones. unless i'm getting something like the mylars which wun really effect my budget alot..

btw did consider the k81dj, haven tried it before , but given the price of it is similar to my sennheiser pmx200, is there a big difference in terms of SQ, clarity, bass, isolation, comfort?

any other recommendations over that?

Edited by wdEvA

thanks..

hmm i'm will be actually only getting either the IEM or the headphones. unless i'm getting something like the mylars which wun really effect my budget alot..

btw did consider the k81dj, haven tried it before , but given the price of it is similar to my sennheiser pmx200, is there a big difference in terms of SQ, clarity, bass, isolation, comfort?

any other recommendations over that?

Why don't you just find a nearby shop to audition them yourself? :cans:

I suggest the k81dj and sf5eb for a total budget of $400+. But the proportions of allocation are different from what you wanted.

Otherwise at under a $150 price point IEM, you can try the Mylarones XB

Both choices are excellent for bassheads but I think they fail at "comfort" and "clarity". I'm guessing wdEva isn't a basshead and recommend Westone UM1 for IEM and Audio Technica ATH-ANC7 for headphone ( stretching your headphone budget another $50 or so). I got a pair of ANC7 from stereo weeks ago and I'm very happy with it's performance considering it's actually a noice canceling headphone.

DemonicAngelz - Peace. :14-00000002:

What IEMS do u recommend?

* Comfort

* Punchy bass

* clarity

I say first, try the Mylar range. If you are still rather itching for something more, then the DTX50.

What headphones do u recommend?

* Comfort

* Punchy bass

* clarity

Headphones are generally comfortable. Its best, in this area, to go an test them yourself as different people have different wants.

Hey guys, I'm planning to change my sennheiser PMX200 to something else for my mp3 player.

may i know what am i loosing out if i were to go for IEM over headphones

What IEMS do u recommend? budget <$150

• Comfort
  • Punchy bass
  • clarity
What headphones do u recommend? budget <$250 (Use for mp3 player as well as some home use)
  • Comfort
  • Punchy bass
  • clarity
Thanks

No experience with headphones, but for IEM I'm using the HJE500 now, clarity, bass, comfort and fit is good. Might lose out to ATHCK7 in terms of sound quality a bit but for the price of 75, you can't really complain :)

To me IEM below the $150 range would be DTX-50. For headphones, it will be ES-7. It sounds good, looks good, portable and closed.

If you are asking about what if you lose if you choose IEM over Headphone... I'm thinking of the SQ is different. The Headphone will sound fuller and big IMO. While if you want to get the same SQ for IEM, you should pay more money.

However, I;m new to IEM too as my previous always full size, and don't believe that small things can sound good and choose to stick with my Ipod Earbud. But than, just coincidence found EC7 cheap...and it starts my portable rig advantures....

IEM for me have the advantage of the isolation and because of that... the sound is so intimate.... the detail is good normally. As for you... good clarity... I like my IM716. Modded... it have good, deep and texturize bass as well which is good for me, but for punchy... I doubt about this. Comfort will dependance on ur ear shape... I found good comfort using the fomies. Even the triflange I can use for 3-4 hrs straight....