heady

Mini³ group buy from AMB Audio shop

ya i couldn't :grin:

the nice thing about the grey though is that it makes it look a bit more subtle, but yeah if you guys are doing it again do let us know. they are very nice panels.

no worries, if anyone doing another grp buy for the panels, just contact me. I'll send the file for laser etching via email.

Since to built amp, of course look for better quality. CMOY or Mini is better ?

Of course the Mini3 is better in sound quality than a CMOY but then it is probably 4 times more expensive, so it better be better. If you are a newbie at DIY electronics, then it will a lot cheaper to destroy a CMOY than to destroy a Mini3. Been there, done that.

Your choice.

Regards :))

Since to built amp, of course look for better quality. CMOY or Mini is better ?

If you're confident with your skills, I would suggest you go for something better than CMOY.

Mini3 is my first DIY amp and I have not even touched a soldering iron before this and it worked out fine for me.

Watching videos works too, this web has pretty good videos on soldering and stuff ;)

i second the mini3. fantastic for it's price.

but i started off with a cmoy too. to understand the fundamentals.

then can appreciate the mini3 when you take a cmoy as reference.

If you're confident with your skills, I would suggest you go for something better than CMOY.

Mini3 is my first DIY amp and I have not even touched a soldering iron before this and it worked out fine for me.

Watching videos works too, this web has pretty good videos on soldering and stuff ;)

I don't think it's true that others will have the same experience we have. If you read the support thread for the mini3, you will know there are some people who have trouble with it. So getting some prior experience learning to use the soldering iron and DMM before tackling an expensive project is a good thing

Edited by heady

I don't think it's true that others will have the same experience we have. If you read the support thread for the mini3, you will know there are some people who have trouble with it. So getting some prior experience learning to use the soldering iron and DMM before tackling an expensive project is a good thing

Well, it varies with different people I suppose. Using the soldering iron and MM/DMM is really simple and straight forward for thru-hole soldering. It will definately require some patience for first timers. Surface Mounts will be tricky but is not that hard.

It is the troubleshooting which will really give you headaches :rclxub:

Edited by ezzo

Abit confuse with the Mini price. Actually total how much to buy the parts?

I think the best way is to buy the complete kit. I believe Glassjar Audio is selling a kit but it is not advertised on his web site. Write to him and find out the cost.

jeffrossel@glassjaraudio.com