heady

Mini³ group buy from AMB Audio shop

Guys, I will be away on Sat and Sun, no internet, so please be patient if you want to participate. Be back Sun night.

Hey Heady, will this project be difficult for someone with just basic soldering experience? I played around with those DIY kits that you can get at SLT when I was primary 1. Should be ok right? Anyway just count me in on the group buy. 1 set of option 1 please. Thanks!

Hey Heady, will this project be difficult for someone with just basic soldering experience? I played around with those DIY kits that you can get at SLT when I was primary 1. Should be ok right? Anyway just count me in on the group buy. 1 set of option 1 please. Thanks!

Actually soldering is quite easy if you use a decent soldering iron, clean the pcb and wires before soldering. Plus a little flux paste.

The only difficult part to solder in this project are the SOIC opamps. You can get a tutorial on Tangent's website, he has actually video tutorials for this.

For me I think the hardest part is still doing the casing for amps. Always difficult to make a nice casing.

Your order will be added in the list. :))

Edited by heady

Btw, I have a question regarding the remaining parts.

Would it be significantly cheaper to get the remaining parts from SLT than from farnell? And can the hammond case be bought from SLT? Farnell sells it for 19. Plus the remaining parts bought from farnell, it'd be free delivery. Lol.

will be far cheaper at SLT... quite a number of LIVE choices also... :D

Live choices doesnt matter, I'll be buying what I planned to buy. Far cheaper? What do everyone else think?

I don't mind telling you I buy from both places. I like Farnell when I don't know who to get from in SLT. Otherwise I have to walk from shop to shop, top to bottom, spending lots of time to source the parts. Farnell shopping can be done at home and if I get more than S$30, there is free delivery.

But things like resistors and capacitors, where I have develop some relationship with the vendors in SLT, I will get from there.

I don't mind telling you I buy from both places. I like Farnell when I don't know who to get from in SLT. Otherwise I have to walk from shop to shop, top to bottom, spending lots of time to source the parts. Farnell shopping can be done at home and if I get more than S$30, there is free delivery.

But things like resistors and capacitors, where I have develop some relationship with the vendors in SLT, I will get from there.

I see. Oh thanks. I dont have much experience with buying parts from the shops around, Farnell'll be fine for me.

Guys, I am new to this but would like to give it a try. I noticed the price does not include casing and "some parts", or the price has all the small components to build the amp except casing?

Option 1 please.

I will definitely need help if need to get the rest from Farnell or SLT.

:cans::grin::helpsmilie:

Guys, I am new to this but would like to give it a try. I noticed the price does not include casing and "some parts", or the price has all the small components to build the amp except casing?

Option 1 please.

I will definitely need help if need to get the rest from Farnell or SLT.

:cans::grin::helpsmilie:

Hi adn6244,

I hope you understand that I am only organising the group buy. The support forum is officially on headwize. As for buying stuff for it in Singapore, I guess everyone involved can give advice. I will add you in and you think about it. You can still back out before you pay for it, which is in a couple of days time.

Regards.

hi heady,

i would like to order 2 sets of the high performance ones (US$24.05) so total US$48.10

thank you

Wow, I did not expect so many participants. I offered help to organise this as I wanted our diy forum to liven up a bit and I am glad there are more activity now.

I will be sending a PM to all the participants soon regarding payments. In order to expedite the order, let's make the dateline Saturday 1 Sep 2359hrs. Or midnight Saturday 1 Sep for the non-military types. :)

So, orders without payment will be omitted from the order to AMB. I regret this but it is not fair to others if they have to wait for you while it is not fair to me to pay for you first. I hope everyone can understand the situation.

The exchange rate I am posting now for the US$ -> SG$ is that posted by UOB bank for selling US$, which is US$ 1 = S$1.53 (28 Aug 2007 10:11:51AM)

So for a quick reference:

1. US$24.05 x 1.53 = S$36.80

2. US$16.45 x 1.53 = S$25.20

3. US$38.30 x 1.53 = S$58.60

4. US$48.10 x 1.53 = S$73.60

(Please let me know if you have any disagreement with these calculations or the rate.)

I will place the order on 2 Sep and will forward the acknowledgement to all. Please also note that the above charges do not include shipping or GST, if it is incurred. I will notify all about these charges later. I will bear these cost first and collect personally at delivery.

Regards