Sign in to follow this  
loop_

Starhub's football channel sucks

Anyone like me here likes to watch the premiership? and used to love ESPN's coverage?

This new football channel is crap. the colour is like worse, and the commentators are worse, the half-time talkshow people are worse (can't even hear them properly they sound so muffled).

What's even worse, ESPN shows like football focus can't even show highlights anymore. It's awful! and we're paying more for this!

can't stand it. nowhere to rant, so rant here. lol

It is no good at all. Bad. After 'live' boardcast times, it gets worse. Audio even lower.

the new starhub coverage of english soccer is dismal. am quite miffed.

apparently folk living around changi can get better premiership coverage from indonesia.

...also the repeat telecast of the games are terrible too, example the recent Arsenal vs Manu game last sat....its repeats are at mon 2.30am and mon 3pm ONLY....whereas other smaller teams games like Wigan etc gets repeated like 4-5 times the next week, also sometimes at primetime at night...i mean we now a full channel dedicated to football, or rather juz showing the BPL ONLY, yet it cant even repeat the big games at primetime on weeknights, ESPN last season would have repeated that Ars Manu game the next day Sun 12noon or 2pm already man! yet i'm paying money for this rubbish timeslots, if this was free i would have nothing to say, but i'm paying for it, and yet at a *%$% price increase.....^%^% where's the competition?!?

Edited by imp0ssibled

Cant agree here.

Coming from the UK I hated the ESPN coverage. The pundits (Masefield, McMahon) were so pretentious its unbelievable, they are just posers. McMahon thinks football exsists only in merseyside and liverpool have a right to win everything. While its embarrasing how much Dykes and Masefield sook up to him. Only Jamie Reeves and Shebby were decent and gave proper responses.

The presenters on ESPN - John Dykes is so patronising its beyond believe and his way of presenting would crack the UK public up. The guy loves himself so some strange reason. They never discussed the pre match build up or the post match response nearly aswell as they should.

Thank god we dont see Jamie (whats her surname) present the highlights on a sunday morning. Yes she has a pretty face but cant present a serious football program to save her life.

The football channel is an absolute breath of fresh air. Ok the sound quality isnt as good but the presenters and pundits are top notch. They bring realistic coverage and are on the same page as UK coverage. The pundits are actual good players with a good playing career and they are all so down to earth and give honest opinions (especially John Burridge - he is a star). They are so much better than Paul "Who did he play for" Masefield.

Well done Starhub - Channel 27 has saved the day :rclxms: