Sign in to follow this  
heady

DIY CD transport

Has any one built one? Whether based on the Phillips CD-PRO2 or any other?

Thanks

Has any one built one? Whether based on the Phillips CD-PRO2 or any other?

Thanks

I was thinking of one, but not sure how much a CD-Pro2M costs. I am guessing it's not going to be cheap.

Regards

CK

Found two places where sell this. One in Netherlands and the other in USA . The US site is cheaper and is about US$300 before shipping. Thing is, it is made in ROC and if only I read Chinese, I am sure we can get this cheaper.

Edited by heady

just a side-track...i remember watching a very funny video on youtube, that's a dubbed version of 'Infernal Affairs' but talking about CD-pro 2..very funny..dunno whether you guys watched it before?

just a side-track...i remember watching a very funny video on youtube, that's a dubbed version of 'Infernal Affairs' but talking about CD-pro 2..very funny..dunno whether you guys watched it before?

Viewed it last night and have absolutely no idea what they are saying. Translations? :)

I think you may be interested in this, saw this on echoloft, its a Cdpro2M kit

from ahfartaudio

http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell/Ya...&num=1189209335

Thanks Fang. I saw their site said they are coming up with new built product, no mention of a kit. Incidentally, I saw an "Original" CD player based on the same transport. Cost just over S$1K. It doesn't quite make sense to built my own, if the transport cost is almost S$500 and the complete CD player is just bit more then double. If I diy, I still need to pay for the electronic controller and the casing. Will come to about S$1K already.

Edited by heady

Hi,

Anybody know how much AHFArtAudio is selling the CDPro2M Kit? Too paiseh to call them up to ask price then don't buy :P

Regards

CK

hi.. heady.. i am not sure www.my3c.net still selling the kit....but you can try..

I've built one before.. CD-Pro2.. hehe.. huangyong here..

hi.. heady.. i am not sure www.my3c.net still selling the kit....but you can try..

I've built one before.. CD-Pro2.. hehe.. huangyong here..

Hi Huangyong. Long time no hear. Welcome back. I can't read Chinese but I think this is Taiwan site, right? So the prices are in NT$. If so, about SG$370. Price not bad but do you know the cost of shipping?

Edited by heady

CK,

In case you are interested. AhFart Audio sells it for S$650 inc the transport, controller and remote control. Chasis and power supply is separate. His kit chassis is not ready but looks impressive. So heavy. Actually I think this transport will look and maybe perform better in a wooden chassis.