Sign in to follow this  
mouz

Mini3 Front/Back Panel group buy

Hi Guys....

Pardon me if I don't know the situation of this panel, just sharing different thought of how to make casing of this mini3 looks nice....

and I'm thinking of if we cannot get the front and back pannel engraved as those one, how about if we just use the plastick pannel come with hammond, drilled it accordingly to the requirement without engrave, and to make it nice, just have a plate of alumnium (very thin one), engraved it with beautiful font... and place it on the top of the casing (black hammond will looks better).... I think this will makes more minimalist on the front panel and also decorate the top part of the hammond casing (which I like it). you can use those plate to tell "in", "out" which you can put it in the very end of the plate and line up vertically with the corresponding item...

Just thinking of an idea... actually I'm agreed on the pre-drilled panel since that's very difficult without proper tool.

actually if u all dun mind having an arcylic panel, there is a guy in hardwarezone forums who has a laser cutting machine. i dont think the design should be a problem. the only possible problem is the countersunk hole. is a counter a must?

the link

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1088877

Hi, I'm the one providing the laser etching service at hwz/vr-zone.

Someone actually pm'ed me about this project.. which led me dig out this thread :blink:

My machine is able laser on acrylic or gravoply as well.

If this kicks off well, we might even be able to do alot of customizing to ur personal panels! Your own logo.. nick... tattoo.. etc etc!~ :party:

Some Gravoply colours i have on hand is gold/black, blue/white, black/white, red/white.

Only thing, I cannot do countersunk on Gravoply...

Regards

Nicholas :))

Edited by nicholaslee

Hi, I'm the one providing the laser etching service at hwz/vr-zone.

Someone actually pm'ed me about this project.. which led me dig out this thread :blink:

My machine is able laser on acrylic or gravoply as well.

If this kicks off well, we might even be able to do alot of customizing to ur personal panels! Your own logo.. nick... tattoo.. etc etc!~ :party:

Some Gravoply colours i have on hand is gold/black, blue/white, black/white, red/white.

Only thing, I cannot do countersunk on Gravoply...

Regards

Nicholas :))

Hi Nicholas,

What is the thickest Gravoply you have. To do the countersink, need 2mm thicknness.

Thanks.

Hi Nicholas,

What is the thickest Gravoply you have. To do the countersink, need 2mm thicknness.

Thanks.

My is 2mm. It's not possible to laser countersunk on Gravoply.. while on acrylic can be done.

Thanks Nicholas. Of course with acrylic the problem is scratches.

How much will you charge for 2mm Gravoply and 2mm acrylic? I am sure the people here will be interested to know. Then they can decide.

Thanks again.

Thanks Nicholas. Of course with acrylic the problem is scratches.

How much will you charge for 2mm Gravoply and 2mm acrylic? I am sure the people here will be interested to know. Then they can decide.

Thanks again.

Have quoted the person who pm'ed me at hwz the amount. it's alot cheaper than what you guys are about to pay other companies :))

Have quoted the person who pm'ed me at hwz the amount. it's alot cheaper than what you guys are about to pay other companies :))

Hi Nicholas, I'm the one who's been contacting you :) waiting for the grp buy for the casing at the moment. "Cutting the 2 panel with countersunk & holes will cost around $20/set. " Does this include material costs? How much for acrylic or gravoply?

Hi Nicholas, I'm the one who's been contacting you :) waiting for the grp buy for the casing at the moment. "Cutting the 2 panel with countersunk & holes will cost around $20/set. " Does this include material costs? How much for acrylic or gravoply?

Hi, yup price is set to be around $20 or abit more due to the countersunk which can be quite costly if need to be deep. Also it might possibly cause burn marks!

Can include the material if the number of orders are "more" as the materials come in big pieces.. <10-15 will be good.

If anyone here is good at vector drawing, kindly pm me if you can help design the panel with it's exact dimensions and holes placement. Else might have to get my artiste to do it which adds some bit of cost.

Many Thanks,

Nicholas :thumbup:

I'm interested, add me to the list please thanks.

k bro, u're in but we haven't got any concrete plans on how we should go about it as we are still in 'experimental' stage at the moment, so this MO might not materialize...

Last week I contacted the person doing the panels via PM. He said it will make things cheaper if we supply the vector file. I told him I will write to Amb to ask for the files. Unfortunately, Amb has replied that the files are proprietory format for FPE only.

However, Amb has given his permission for us to use his design if we carry on with this group buy. The mail from Amb is quoted below.

>I hope you don't mind if we get

> our panel maker to copy your design. We are not selling them and

> only making it available on a shared cost basis in a group buy.

No problem with that at all. Have fun with your builds and best

wishes to everyone on sgheadphones.com.

-Ti

Edited by heady

Hi,

Am new here. Is this group buy still on? I had did the vector file for the panels using sketchup (without wordings and dimensions markings), but not really sure about what's required. The vector file looks like the one shown below.

IPB Image

Hi Yellobie, welcome to the forum, grp buy is still on but we haven't met up with the guy yet. I'm gonna go meet the guy with the casing and kit fully done up(hopefully can finish by this weekend...), to come up with a sample. You mind if I use your vector file (preferably with words) for the sample production? I'll take pix and put it up for you guys to see once that done.

Sorry if this is taking too much time, but I wanna be sure the face plate fits nicely. No point doing a grp buy for something that doesn't work....