Sign in to follow this  
mouz

Mini3 Front/Back Panel group buy

Hi Yellobie, welcome to the forum, grp buy is still on but we haven't met up with the guy yet. I'm gonna go meet the guy with the casing and kit fully done up(hopefully can finish by this weekend...), to come up with a sample. You mind if I use your vector file (preferably with words) for the sample production? I'll take pix and put it up for you guys to see once that done.

Sorry if this is taking too much time, but I wanna be sure the face plate fits nicely. No point doing a grp buy for something that doesn't work....

Thanks! I had attached the vector file. I'm not into cutting, so not sure about the exact requirements required for the vector file. Are you engraving the words as well? If needed to, I can add the words into the panel (similar to the AMB one). The wordings can be changed since we are doing it ourselves :))

A prototype is a good idea! Hope it works out!

Edited: Added the wordings (version 2), and both zip file contains DWG, EPS and PDF.

[attachmentid=3914]

[attachmentid=3915]

Mini3_Panels_Version_1.zip

Mini3_Panels_Version_2.zip

Edited by Yellobie

Thanks! Yah, will try and do everything at one shot, I think this has dragged a bit too long lah, but than no choice due to work commitments and bad time management :P

Ok, u're in :)

Small update, finally sat down and figured out how to create the panel using vector graphic application (inkscape), gonna send the guy an email to see if he can use SVG files.

BTW, are you guys OK with the design below? It's the best I could do to be as close to the original. Feel free to comment.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edit: add one more with sgheadphones logo (any copyright on this?)

IPB Image

Edited by mouz

Neat!! I was thinking about replacing the words wiv icons instead while working on the version 2 just now. but not sure how it will turn out :P

Anyway, are u trying on acrylic or Gravoply?

If gravoply is used, the countersunk will have to be drilled manually since it can't be laser etched. See how it goes, i just might end up doing it in acrylic with a matt surface to save the manual labour. I'll see if I can try to redesign it with icons instead, wish me luck :)

Edited by mouz

U might wish to PM the admin here regarding the logo? Looks very nice thou.

Was looking at nicholaslee's works in the other forum, and feel that we could even "skin" the panel! How about adding an internal small led, use translucent/transparent acrylic wiv full-sized design on both panels, and we can have a nice enclosure that actually lits up? :lol:

Edited by Yellobie

Yah, I agree the internal LED is a good idea, Heady had the same idea too when I picked up my mini3 the other day, but i'm afraid the sockets might get in the way and effect might not be so nice. But anyway, we're still in anything goes stage and a way to get the word to glow using the LED might just work in the end. Keep fingers crossed...

Yah, I agree the internal LED is a good idea, Heady had the same idea too when I picked up my mini3 the other day, but I'm not sure if it'll work properly or not cos I've never done anything like that before....

The LED was just a thought :)) Hmm, a way to implement is easily might be paralleling one to the existing power LED by soldering directly to the power LED legs, and changing the resistor value. The restraint will be that both LEDs used must be similar , and the battery usage time will of course be shorten.

Anyway, thanks alot for your effort mouz. Looking forward to your set of panels :P

Yah I suppose, but I wouldn't want to shorten anymore battery life actually, no point shortening its life for the sake of aesthetics, its a audio amplifier after all, would rather use the battery life for its primary purpose. To make music sound better :cans:

I'm in....

Group Buy Participants

1. mouz - 1 set - black

2. heady - 3 sets - black

3. DemonicAngelz - 1 set - black

4. aaron-xp - 1 set - black

5. iewgnail - 1 set - black

6. redstx - 1 set - black

7. adn6244 - 1 set - black

hey...just realised my order was not tracked :bash:

hey...just realised my order was not tracked :bash:

is the MO still on? I will like to add a pair. Thanks.

OOps my bad, must have accidentally deleted it while doing a manual edit, sorry. Kahchun's pair added, check first post... Guys, if possible can copy list from first post and add yourself to the list, thanks!

Just to add, admin yotiao, says no prob using the logo as long as there's no commercial interest. Still have to go thru 2nd stage of asking ablaze of whether we can use his logo or not as he created it. will update again later.

Ablaze has approved the use of the logo as long as there's no commercial use for it :)

Edited by mouz