Sign in to follow this  
pramilainc

I want my etymotics

After disappointing 6 months with my 'new' superfi5.pro, I am looking to buy etymotic er4p, but to my surprise i found out that neither stereo nor hung brothers carry them anymore :(

Its not really a big issue since I can still get them from amazon for perhaps cheaper than locally, but its a shame people are shunning etymotics in favour of more bass-heavy brands like UE..

I want my etymotics.

i've never heard other iems but owning an er4s myself, i never found a need for another iem. there's a good reason why unlike the other brands, etymotic hasn't come up with any replacement for it's er4 series - you don't change a winning formula.

good luck finding a pair maybe jaben still has them?

People are more aware of the price difference between a local and overseas set and would rather get the overseas set that still comes with a warranty.

Also, its local pricing of close to 500 puts its in an unfavourable spot against dual drivers Westone UM2/Superfi 5 pro and single drivers rom Shure.

Anyway, you may want to try Norman Audio at Adelphi for the etymotics.

Norman Audio charge $550, which is understandable because they are distributor, rather than reseller. I remem stereo had it for less than $400 which is somewhat reasonable....

Edited by pramilainc

But Amazon has it for like $300 or around there?

@TS: Actually I wouldn't say UE is bass heavy especially not the sf5p. Rather, it's relative given the er4's emphasis on the highs and mids. But of course, if you like the sound sig then go for it!

Got a pair of ER4S from Jaben. After just 2 days of listening I can say that I am totally converted to the Etys sound. Wonderfully transparent, clear highs and I must say accurate (but not slammin') bass. They are also amazingly small and light. My only gripe is that the microphonics still plague the cable from the splitter upwards. Now I don't know what to do with my UM2s! Anyone wants? :)) Oh, and I got a discount from Unc W.

there seem to be a cable mod for er4 around headfi by the nick AKzip if im not wrong.. reviews of the new cables are pretty good, anyone tempted?? :smoke:

My upgrade cable for the ER4S from AKZip (aka APureSound) is on the way, left US on Thurs. I will be showing this at the SG Headphone Meet on 22nd Dec :))

Edited by csleena

people are shunning etymotics in favour of more bass-heavy brands like UE..

Agree totally. Admittedly, it's fun to hear amped up bass, but nothing compares to listening to music the way it's meant to be heard.

Once I save up enough, I'll get an ER4p. It seems to be the only logical upgrade step from my current SF3 Studio. SF5 Pro sounds like a muddy mess of garbage bass to me.

My only gripe is that the microphonics still plague the cable from the splitter upwards.

If you do a U-shaped loop with the cable using the clip, it'll elminate most of the microphonics. Read it from Stereophonics.

Guest dragonboy

Any idea who sells ety er4p in S'pore? I know hung sell more than $500 :doh: . Too ex.

If price difference is not too significant, I don't mind paying slightly more and buy locally. But if $500... I'll rather buy online & take the risk.

I remember stereo used to stock them but they happen to be out of stocks. Does jaben stock er-4p too?