Sign in to follow this  
pramilainc

I want my etymotics

My only gripe is that the microphonics still plague the cable from the splitter upwards.

With the upgraded Apuresound Cable, no more problem of microphonics. Also much better bass. :))

Agree totally. Admittedly, it's fun to hear amped up bass, but nothing compares to listening to music the way it's meant to be heard.

Once I save up enough, I'll get an ER4p. It seems to be the only logical upgrade step from my current SF3 Studio. SF5 Pro sounds like a muddy mess of garbage bass to me.

If you do a U-shaped loop with the cable using the clip, it'll elminate most of the microphonics. Read it from Stereophonics.

2 weeks of listening to my ER4s, including some 50 hours of burning in with the XLO Burn-In Disc and I must say that the sound is nothing short of wonderful! I also found that I managed to attach my custom earmolds from my Westones onto the Etys and I can get an even better seal. I can safely say that the bass is startin' to slam! The extension down to the lower frequencies is also not lacking. Highly recommended! :thumbup:

Oh yes, on the microphonics, I find that clipping the splitter to your collar directly behind your neck and running the two cables from the back helps to eliminate the problem.

SF5 Pro sounds like a muddy mess of garbage bass to me.

Exactly what I think of SF5 Pro too... I 'upgraded' from ER6i to SF5Pro. 8 months into it, i wish i didn't...