fuild

Closed headphones

Hi guys, i'm using MS-1s now but i would like another pair of closed headphones for semi-portable usage. hopefully i could keep the budget at around $200, maybe more if needed. I was looking at the es-7s, so i was wondering how they would complement the sound of the ms-1s. Suggestions anybody? Thanks in advance.

Edited by fuild

Oh..yeah but they cost much more than $200 right?

Costs abt S$360 new for the version II.

Closer but still exceeding your budget, you can try looking for the Sony V6 or 7506. They are closed and foldable.

Along the Sennheiser lines there is the PX200 which should be S$100 odd.

Hm. Perhaps I could hang around the classifieds and hope for a used pair. Haha.

I had the PX-200s once and I vastly prefer the MS-1s over them, so I'll probably not go for those. My brother has the PX-100s and I don't like them either, the bass was too bloated and it was overall pretty muddy.

Hm. Perhaps I could hang around the classifieds and hope for a used pair. Haha.

I had the PX-200s once and I vastly prefer the MS-1s over them, so I'll probably not go for those. My brother has the PX-100s and I don't like them either, the bass was too bloated and it was overall pretty muddy.

Post a WTB and you might get lucky.

For closed headphone, I personally feel that the Beyer DT150 is good. Give it a try.

:doh: It's definitely >$200, and not that portable.

Well I got the HD-25s and they're great :) I haven't really listened to them much so far though.

So far it feels like the soundstage is slightly larger than the MS-1s and it seems more distant. The bass is also more prominent and stronger on the HD-25s.

It's been quite enjoyable so far, thanks for the help guys. :)

Edited by fuild

try

sennheiser hd280s

or beyerdynamics dt250

or even akg k81dj?

Well I got the HD-25s and they're great :) I haven't really listened to them much so far though.

So far it feels like the soundstage is slightly larger than the MS-1s and it seems more distant. The bass is also more prominent and stronger on the HD-25s.

It's been quite enjoyable so far, thanks for the help guys. :)

how much were they if you dont mind telling?

how much are the DT150 and DT250 in Sg? also how do they sound compared to k518dj and DT770/80 too? i might be thinking of an upgrade in the future after my current k518dj....thx

Can try the ATH-M50 which is foldable like the v7506.

Accurate and smooth sounding but bass not punchy more like controlled.

It was said that it sounds like the A700.