Sign in to follow this  
jasonhanjk

A new "PC"

all the components u bought are better than what i won at home lah...jason...so jealous now oh

Hello!!! I am back!!!

NO!!! ppth.gif My MOBO is busted after flash a new bios and change some cmos setting. Now just got another new MOBO since it had not past 7 days...

Lucky me.. innocent.gif

tongue.gif

hey jason, i m used to be a computer freak, last time, do extreme mod and hxxx... before I become a head-fi guy...

shall i give you some advice.... yes.gif

ok, P4 is not always the best toy to play with, the overclocking you mean is just merely the overclock the system bus right?? laugh.gif

as an AMD fan, i shall declare P4 sucks... it's faster of course but the price is cut throat wacko.gif

i think you should use water cooling to cool the system down before really overclock it...

by the way, DDR 400 doesn't really that fantastic, it's just the name "400" that make you think it's very good... but according to my friends review, it sucks.

faster clock "CL2" RAM will improve the speed more...

okok... but the system is pretty standard now, just a bit expensive with that price.

this is just personal opinion, dun be angry. kicking.gif

lol.gif Go the watercooling talk. - Don't do it Jason. Water cooling dosn't work as well in hot climates. Stick to the air cooling. haha.gif

watercooling at it's WORST will almost always work as well as air cooling at it's BEST or near-best in any climate.

take it from me, i have experience with both.

But good watercooling costs much more. Buy a chunky copper HSF and a high speed fan. smile.gif

adhoc your statement is kina correct but the best air cooling is right up into the mid water cooling setups.

hrmm perhaps i should qualify it then..

when i say watercooling i mean a properly set up, reliable and functional watercooling system.

actually it all depends on whether you choose to have an open or closed watercooling system. open generally works better in all circumstances but closed is best when space or portability is at a premium.

hrmm open and closed.. sounds familiar. lol.gif

by the way, DDR 400 doesn't really that fantastic, it's just the name "400" that make you think it's very good... but according to my friends review, it sucks.

faster clock "CL2" RAM will improve the speed more...

ok ok... tongue.gif

I am not overclocking freak, just a daily user... wink.gif

I bought my company DDR 3200 CL3 as the DDR2700 CL2 price is almost the same. Well, I will not upgrade my system until the 10GHz is out. Of course the faster or slower will still depends on the application, but don't really care...

Intel is good at their stability with their chipset. AMD is starting to losing it's stand as Intel revert back to the DDR as compared to the RAMBUS.