Sign in to follow this  
red_ryder

Qn about 1/4" to 1/8" adapter

My Beyer DT931s come with a 1/4" jack, so I connected it to an adapter before plugging into the Firestone Icute amp. There was a lot of static, and the sound was mono. But when using the exact same adapter on the Sennheiser HD-600, it sounded perfectly ok. Why is that so?

Now I'm afraid to buy another 1/4" to 1/8" adapter in case the same thing happens again. Anyone has advice?

^ agreed.

maybe your DT phones have a problem w/ the 1/4" connector

You could always reterminate the 1/4 to 3.5mm

If the adapater your using is the same one i have for my hd595, i'd advise against using it too much b/c there is no extra wire for the adapter which puts a lot of strain on your jack

If youre planning to get a better adaptor get the grados one its good ! Very tight :)

If youre planning to get a better adaptor get the grados one its good ! Very tight :)

true

if you have a soldering iron, buy a female 1/4" jack, add some wire inbetween, and terminate to 1/8".

My Beyer DT931s come with a 1/4" jack, so I connected it to an adapter before plugging into the Firestone Icute amp. There was a lot of static, and the sound was mono. But when using the exact same adapter on the Sennheiser HD-600, it sounded perfectly ok. Why is that so?

Now I'm afraid to buy another 1/4" to 1/8" adapter in case the same thing happens again. Anyone has advice?

I purchased both the 1/4 to 1/8 Grado and the Senn adapter. I find the Grado a little longer but much stiffer than the Senn ones. So I prefer the Senn ones. But it is substantially tighter than the Grado ones when I plugged my Beyers into it.