Sign in to follow this  
red_ryder

What happened to this forum?

I joined in 2003, was active for a while then stopped in 2004/5 when I was busy with my second child and work. Only came back last month and started posting again. Seems like a lot of the old guys have disappeared? Ramiesh? Mackie? I bought my first set of Beyers from him, very friendly guy.

Then I see some threads here and there about some controversy with Jaben, but I don't what the full story is. Anyone want to enlighten me or point me to where I can get the story?

Hi,

Welcome back. I remember you when I first joined. To revisit this sad incident is to resurrect old controversies. I think we should just work onwards to making this forum a nice place to discuss audio stuff especially headphones.

I think guys like Rameish and Mackie are still around but refrain from posting for their own reasons. Let's respect that. I miss their views too.

This place is not like what it used to be anymore...

miss all the old peeps and the discussion..

but guess it's time to move on

sad sad :(

new blood coming in and i think some generation gaps here and there.. the craze is coming back again.. now O and A levels are on... have to wait for those guys and gals to be free again. few weeks time maybe...

My personal observation is that since the beginning of the year, with the influx of new members, a lot of posts have been on portable audio and new products, e.g. iems.

I guess for the older members, they tend to focus on their home rigs, and because their rigs are more or less "mature" (subject to less upgrades), they aren't as familiar with/interested in the slew of new products on the market. So they don't comment quite as frequently.

Other personal commitments/reasons may also come into play. But if you miss them enough, maybe they will reply! :D

hey!!! haha i just realised that Absolute0.. haha the new flock that came in this yr are more interested in portables and stuff. most do not have home setup and not have a stable mature setup yet... haha

This place is not like what it used to be anymore...

miss all the old peeps and the discussion..

but guess it's time to move on

sad sad :(

C'mon man, we will miss your pics! :no:

Still here :-) What I've essentially said in the past still applies (to me at least) so there's not much for me to post. Also I'm not too familier with the new portable stuff. If I do hear somthing good I'll post it.

Nothing much to post here nowadays since I already have a complete portable setup. [Just waiting for my amp to ship now].

btw I'm one of those who does not have a Home Rig. [unless you consider my computer Rig]

Going to post more after my O'level in 4 days time

Edited by dle4e_2005