dcarter

Jaben cover-up for bad service.

Firstly, let me tell you all that if you want to get ES cables for your super.fi, becareful if you get it at jaben!

Reason is because Jaben may not bother to help you trim it down, they simply stuff it into the interconnects. What happens is that the plugs are permanently damaged.

I cannot vouch that this is what happens everytime, but at least when i wanted to do mine there, this is what they wanted to do for me.

That's not all. A user was complaining on Jaben forum that his cables are loose after switching back to the old superfi cables, and i wanted to let him know the possible reason.

This is what i posted.

Did you get your cables done at Jaben?

If so, did they just stuff the cables in without trimming, if so i think your superfi casing are permanently damaged.

This is the thread i posted in. And after a while, when i went back to check for response, my post and my account was deleted! Infact, all my previous posts and contribution to the forum were deleted!!!!

I feel that Jaben provides good service, but if they made a mistake, they should not try and cover up in this way. My impression of them went down the drain and i will never buy anything from them again.

Just want to let you guys know. I'm not saying they are bad, but it's up to you to judge.

I guess you should complain directly to the boss, Uncle Wilson. Jaben's forum is meant to promote their products and services so I am not surprised that your post got deleted.

I agree, if you went direct to the boss it might be better.

it's not unusual for forums with a certain agenda to delete posts which are contrary to that agenda. Nonetheless, a hallmark of a mature and responsible business is being able to openly admit its faults and rectify them when pointed out, or be able to defend them publicly if the allegations are unfounded. To this extent, it's quite disappointing that this has happened.

How would you like it if someone would have an issue with you or your work and went to your own forum and complain without even checking with you? Anyway, most if not all forums don't tolerate complaints about their sponsors. This is not coverup, it's just plain business sense. Jaben has built one of the best reputations in the business and I can understand that they want to protect it.

This is what is known as vested interest. Strange that Jaben is sponsoring "Jaben Network" with the forum and such, and how is Wilson able to be impartial (human and business nature) when forumers make negative remarks on his service or products? Something is terribly wrong here <_<

Let's not jump to conclusions here that what happened was done with Wilson's consent. There's lot of young people in Jaben helping Wilson and I say, the right thing to do is to talk to Wilson. Let's not be the prosecutor, judge and jury without hearing out the defence.

surely the moderators could have at least tried to contact Jaben to deal with dcarter's specific complaint, rather then delete his entire account and pretend he was never a customer? Where is the after sales service here?

Could just be that the company isn't working closely enough with the forum. Nonetheless, I don't think we can blame dcarter for not bringing this up directly with Jaben. Jaben's own forum, imho, is a very legitimate place to post a complaint about a product you bought from the shop!

*that said, I've had some very good after sales service from Wilson. I mean very very good, but I made alot of noise, and kept it private, which is how we Chinese do it. :)

Edited by loop_

Guys don't bother about torx/dcarter he's just trying to pull another Gerald (Remember Gerald? The Amazon fella who kept selling ety stuff?). He has his thread on HWZ which I shan't post here to help him advertise further but just know that he does indeed have his own agenda and his prices are "Better than the Jaben price" whatever that means. Lol.

Please don't drag unrelated issues into the thread. If you have something against me, pm me.

I'll say a word of fairness here. (And no I'm not some Jaben fanboy.) I too am using the sf5p and I too have gotten my Westone ES cable at Jaben and David was the guy who helped me change the cables there WITHOUT FIRST TRIMMING IT. Following which I discovered they were out of phase so I removed them before inserting them again the right way. In the process, I did not find anything wrong with the driver casing whatsoever and neither did the cable connection loosen or anything.

Thus, I would like to caution all members not to jump to conclusions because as dcarter has pointed out "I cannot vouch that this is what happens everytime, but at least when i wanted to do mine there, this is what they wanted to do for me." Also with regards to your post being deleted, I am unable to verify that because I did not follow that thread on Jaben.

Furthermore, I feel that if indeed Jaben had done you a disservice, the right approach as a gentleman would have been to return to the shop first to try and resolve the issue rather then go straight to the forums whereby the issue would be broad casted to an unintended (Or dare I say intended?) audience leaving both you and Jaben in a sticky position.

Hence, I am of the opinion that while your complaint is valid, do seek your redress in the right channels. I am not saying the forums aren't a suitable medium to air your grouses but there are reputations at stake here and I hope you would take that into consideration.

Actually. I'm not the one who has the issue. I managed to stop them before they stuffed it in without trimming.

The thread, which i posted in, was started by another person, and i merely wanted to point out the reason his cable is loose.

Also, it isn't loose when you insert a westone cable, but if you try to use back the original cable, it will be loose.

dcarter, your sig looks suspicious.. Are you trying to spam?

I'm not trying to spam. It's just a MO thread.

I read the rules and regulation and there is no mention that i cannot have WTS/WTB/WTT/MO thread links in my signature.

However, as i'm quite new to this forum, if there are any unstated rules which prohibits me from doing so, i'll edit it out in a jiffy.

Edited by dcarter

Whatever the case, I have no interest in pursuing this matter but all I wish to point out is there're proper ways of raising such issues and this is clearly one of the less desirable options. We are a small community and there is really no need to blow things out of proportion. Furthermore, this forum is a place intended for like minded enthusiasts to discuss our hobby and not for heated exchanges. Thus as a gesture of my sincerity in keeping this forum conducive for other members, I will remove all my posts in these thread and on headphonehaven and hence refrain from commenting on this issue.

I hope you can understand where I'm coming from and I am in no way bearing a grudge against you as I don't even know you at all to begin with. I just want you to know that posting such a misleading and potentionally defamatory thread title will win you no favours. Peace.

Regards,

Nofing

*Spelling errors edited.

Edited by nofing

People lets put a lock on this thread. This has nothing to do with us. If you run a shop, you run the risk of unhappy customers and have the joy of happy ones. No cover up or conspiracy theories please. Lets leave it at that.

Its rather extreme for Jaben to do something like that, dcarter, though I think the Jaben forum is super lame.

Why not tell everyone your past Jaben forum user name? Since you sound like you are a active member with your "previous contributions", I am sure there are people around that would have heard/seen you at least.