dcarter

Jaben cover-up for bad service.

Well your case is different iAudio_rocks. What I and some of the others are saying is that consumer dissatisfaction over inferior or less than expected product quality should first be raised with the shop rather than expressed online.

For your case, I would not dispute your unfortunate customer service experience because everyone is human after all and everyone makes mistakes. That said, I feel that those who put the blame of poor customer service on you are not being fair to you.

Hence I hope you can understand the underlying differences and implications between yours and dcarter/torx.

On a separate note, it is of my understanding that this issue or rather this thread has ended on an amicable note so we'll just leave it as that.

actually, both incidents are based on the logic that the people we like and trust can do no wrong.

believe it or not, I'm one of the first few people involved when this whole "ES-cable on UE" craze started, and Jaben staff indeed shoved in the cable with no disclaimers or warnings given. I don't know whether they started warning the customers after the RMA rate soared. I hope they have.

EDIT: "What I and some of the others are saying is that consumer dissatisfaction over inferior or less than expected product quality should first be raised with the shop rather than expressed online. "

You're not the first and only person who's going to say this. Look at it this way, when another shop (HarveyNorman/Courts/NTUC/ColdStorage/Mac/KFC etc) made you dissatisfied, did you say anything about it on the Internet?

Edited by iAudio_rocks

I don't think you've fully understood me yet. Based on your previous post, you were unhappy over poor customer service at Jaben while shopping there. While in dcarter/torx (But then again not exactly his) case, he is voicing his unhappiness with regard to Jaben not acknowledging the fact that the Westone cable damages the UE casing. Indeed, at the heart of both matters is 'customer service'.

But in your case, 'customer service' is akin to going to the bank and having a rude bank teller serve you. I hope you can see where I'm coming from. With regards to your statement that 'actually, both incidents are based on the logic that the people we like and trust can do no wrong. ', I would have to agree that yes we would have our natural bias towards certain people. But when our fair judgment is called upon, then an impartial stand has to be taken.

With regards to your last point, I am afraid to say I do not understand what you're pointing at. Because I am not one to voice my displeasure over poor customer service (Which ever way you interpret it) online. If I am unhappy with the shop, you can be sure I will make my displeasure known with them personally.

The only reason I can see for complaining online is when the shop is unresponsive or when one has decided to tarnish the shop's reputation for whatever purpose. If there's a problem, face it head on and settle things there and then.

-quoted-

If your behaviour towards everyone is consistent, then I applaud you for being a man and you deserve respect for that.

Yes, i do know the difference between my case and torx's. In torx's case, he was also trying to make money selling the same stuff as Jaben. And when money's involved, logic always goes out the window. Whether he has some agenda to send Jaben's reputation down the drain, I don't know. I do know everyone (Jaben and customers) got very excited over the ES-cable on UE thingy at the beginning and no one considered the possible implications. Yes, the passion for better sound. Unfortunately for JAben, torx decided to bring up this issue.

I have no doubt that Wilson genuinely wants this issue to be settled peacefully. He has always been cheerful and polite, but I can guess where his invitation to torx is heading. If torx turns up, the crowd will call him a d*ck and tell him to grow up. The thread at Jaben's forum suggests the crowd has already decided that torx has a harmful agenda. Once people have decided that you're a bad person, the reasons for your actions never, ever matter to them anymore.

Gotta agree that having dcarter/torx go down to Jaben is like sending a pig to slaughter the way people have been reacting to the incident online. However, I too concur that Wilson's intention in asking for a face to face meeting is to avoid the unpleasant side effects that may arise from conversing online.

And also, "Once people have decided that you're a bad person, the reasons for your actions never, ever matter to them anymore." Which is why it's always important to keep one's behavior in check all the time and reflect on what one's actions and words speak of oneself to avoid being in such a situation.

Gotta agree that having dcarter/torx go down to Jaben is like sending a pig to slaughter the way people have been reacting to the incident online. However, I too concur that Wilson's intention in asking for a face to face meeting is to avoid the unpleasant side effects that may arise from conversing online.

And also, "Once people have decided that you're a bad person, the reasons for your actions never, ever matter to them anymore." Which is why it's always important to keep one's behavior in check all the time and reflect on what one's actions and words speak of oneself to avoid being in such a situation.

yep. I realise I'm supposed to conclude that torx is a bad person based on his persistance in the issue. I think he's creating a mountain out of a molehill. But even if we ignore torx and the mountain he created, there's still the issue of the molehill created by Jaben.

I remember the cable craze started from vrz. The first person who tried it DID mention that Jaben shoved the cable in. For the customers who're affected, good luck. I dont know how Wilson settled it.

It's a sticky issue I suppose. I too have the Westone cables on my sf5p and I too was one of the first few. I suppose we all react to the issue differently. Personally, I couldn't care less because I don't intend to sell my sf5p or use back the original cable.

yep. I realise I'm supposed to conclude that torx is a bad person based on his persistance in the issue. I think he's creating a mountain out of a molehill. But even if we ignore torx and the mountain he created, there's still the issue of the molehill created by Jaben.

I remember the cable craze started from vrz. The first person who tried it DID mention that Jaben shoved the cable in. For the customers who're affected, good luck. I dont know how Wilson settled it.

I was the first person on vrz who mentioned that Jaben shoved it in. I am still using the IEM and I did try to remove it to put in the stock cables once, it was a little looser. But tight nonetheless and I switched back to the ES cables in no time because it was so much easier to coil and pack plus reduces so much more of the microphonics.

Seriously, I think we should just let the matter rest. My drivers are fine and just by mere speculation of spoiling drivers, should one be spreading around news like these. It sure looks more like a mud slinging session, all the more so if torx/dcarter so admits that he is selling his own gear. Even if his intentions are clear, the end result does make me feel a little queasy. I don't think I'd be commenting further in this thread. No sense beating a dead topic.

I was the first person on vrz who mentioned that Jaben shoved it in. I am still using the IEM and I did try to remove it to put in the stock cables once, it was a little looser. But tight nonetheless and I switched back to the ES cables in no time because it was so much easier to coil and pack plus reduces so much more of the microphonics.

Seriously, I think we should just let the matter rest. My drivers are fine and just by mere speculation of spoiling drivers, should one be spreading around news like these. It sure looks more like a mud slinging session, all the more so if torx/dcarter so admits that he is selling his own gear. Even if his intentions are clear, the end result does make me feel a little queasy. I don't think I'd be commenting further in this thread. No sense beating a dead topic.

Hear hear. Well said, mamboman.