dcarter

Jaben cover-up for bad service.

I'd just like to say that we should not try too hard to put an end to threads just because they are unpleasant. dcarter has made his complaint, and we get to hear from the point of views from other's who've had experience with the seller. It's really the same thing as buyer/seller feedback.

So long as they don't descend into senseless flaming, such threads are actually very useful. This is after all a consumer-oriented forum and it is in our interest that the credibility of sellers etc are discussed. To this extent I think alot of the criticisms levelled at dcarter have been unwarranted and unfair.

And really, shops have everything to do with us, and that's why there are bodies like CASE which protect consumer interests. Not saying that this is a situation which requires their attention, but the principle is the same; dcarter has every right tell us about his unhappy experience. If a shop has treated you badly I would like to know about it, so I can be careful.

so thanks dcarter! hope you can get your problem sorted amicably.

THATS FREAKING TRUE.

Agree totally with you, loop_

It almost feels like certain people are "covering up" for Jaben while shooting at dcarter. Well, thats to me.

While this might not be the best platform to seek redress, I agree with loop that it is in the interest of our members to keep this thread open as long as discussions remain civil.

Well if this is allowed:

http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=1171.0

Man to man.. if he has the guts to speak face to face.

People against or with can come..haha

Which I think its really true.. he has been creating havoc in quite a few forums.. usually regards to commercial selling. If this forum were to be by a specific company, it would probably be another target.

Deleted. Forgot I said I wouldn't have anything more to do with this issue. There really is no need to further fan the flames. Just let dcarter do his thing by following the above link and then update us accordingly. Peace.

Edited by nofing

Well if this is allowed:

http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=1171.0

Man to man.. if he has the guts to speak face to face.

People against or with can come..haha

Which I think its really true.. he has been creating havoc in quite a few forums.. usually regards to commercial selling. If this forum were to be by a specific company, it would probably be another target.

If you see Wilson's post, what he has pointed out is:

1. I post under many alias, e.g. Adam, Delano Carter, DC, Dcarter, Torxxx. But the truth is, my name is Delano Adam Carter. And my nick name is torxxx. These are not aliases, these are my name!

2. I have contacted CrossRoads to ask for samples. Okay, I admit i was a cheapo.

3. I have emailed Jaben, and ask why amazon.com can sell cheaper. He said he chooses distributor, based on many factors, other than just lowest price. I accepted and never replied/bugged him again.

4. I have a MO thread in HWZ which helps ppl get stuff cheaper than Jaben. But i'm sure everyone knows the point of MO is not to profit, but to share shipping costs. I am not a direct competitor!!

5. He did not address why my comment was deleted. Instead, he challenges you to "Search through all the threads in the forum and draw your own conclusions.".

6. He did not acknowledge my positive contribution to his forum before this post.

Again, i do not like to go into such confrontational situation with people. I am merely highlighting that Jaben deleted my post. I'm quite surprise this matter has blown out of proportion, because it was never my intention.

I also see that Jaben is quite unhappy over this line in my signature, which says, "Earphones definitely cheaper than Jaben's special price!". I will be removing it out of goodwill, as i see no point in aggravating anyone, who does not believe in a capitalistic free economy, further .

Lastly, i wish to know what questionable methods i have used, as claimed by Wilson in his statement, "but it must be at the expense of hard work and not questionable methods".

Edited by dcarter

And what about your like feedback on headphonehaven and how your WTS thread was locked?

"I'm quite surprise this matter has blown out of proportion, because it was never my intention."

Think about how your actions have landed you in your current situation dcarter/torx.

Oh forget it. I rest my case. Seriously, I've nothing to gain from constantly bickering with you. Jaben has a right to protect its reputation when unjustly attacked. And since Wilson has offered an olive branch, the choice is yours.

Also, strange that there has been no clear evidence of the supposed 'damaged' sf5p eh? Just a thought there dcarter, there's no need for you to reply to it. Peace.

Again, i never said there is a SF5pro that is damaged. I suggested it could be damaged.

The SF5pro does not belong to me, but to the threadstarter, and i am merely suggesting the reasons why it is loose.

The thread which i posted in, does not belong to me. I was simply helping out the threadstarter, natty135, in suggesting reasons why his socket is loose when using the original cables.

Here is his post:

hmm yea come to think about it. after putting in the ES cables, the UE stock cable aren't as snug.

OH NO!

okay but those cables are compared to the ES cables so i'm quite okay with that.

Edit: I am not bickering with you, really, i hope you don't see it that way. You posted a statement, and i posted my reply to it. It's just how a normal discussion goes if you ask me. I am not targetting you or flaming you in particular.

Edited by dcarter

Guest rvd_always_rulz

My ue5 was also damaged after changing to es2 cables at jaben.. it became loose but i didnt paid much attention to it. Soon after the cable and the earpiece came apart. Mine is under warrenty but he said that they might charge me as they say this might be a case of wear and tear.

I thought it was my fault =/ Well maybe it is.

The set is with them now. Waiting for them to get back to me.

Guest rvd_always_rulz

Oppz.. lol not so rich la.. Mine is ue Super.fi 5. ps =X

Since this topic was talking about superfi i thought i just write short form ue5 =x

I see...But I've ever seen UE customs with Westone cables anyway. I'm wondering why you would want to change your cable back to the original one? Personally I find the Westone cable to best the UE one in every aspect be it usability, sound, microphonics, etc.