dcarter

Jaben cover-up for bad service.

Guest rvd_always_rulz

No i didnt change it back, for my case i changed my original one to westone cable. My orignal was getting green and it gave me some problems..

That means the casing got loose with the Westone cable inside? That would be very strange because the Westone cable's a tighter fit than the UE one.

I see...But I've [never] seen UE customs with Westone cables anyway.

I think most people change to westone course of higher impedance, but since the customs one already have very high impedance, there's no point in changing to any other cables.

Yes, totally, out of topic, but just thought i'd point it out. =)

Edited by dcarter

Well, the only thing I can tell from this is Jaben forum is lame as hell.

Pathetic.

EDIT: Adding other things about the forum.. You can probably think of them.

Edited by ezzo

Well, the only thing I can tell from this is Jaben forum is lame as hell.

Pathetic.

EDIT: Adding other things about the forum.. You can probably think of them.

Nicely balanced and well thought out criticism ezzo :yuck: Are we now going from Jaben bashing to jaben.net bashing? If you think that forum is lame why not suggest improvements? Why do we need three forums on the same subject in a small country like Singapore?

:rclxlh:

Hmm. Things seems to be hotting up.....can we please cool down?

I really like Uncle Wilson and his way of running Jaben. So, I am totally unconvinced by dcarter's claim of poor service by Jaben.

As for forums, I agree that we don't need 3 forums. But in practice, we just have to accept that this is the way it will be. Some people just cannot accept others who do not think like them. I also find that the jaben.net forum is not exactly to my taste but I don't feel a need to slam the forum.

I think those who are younger and less mature tends to be more radical in their expression of their opinions. And I think this radical style of expressions turns off those who are not into arguments and just want to discuss things audio.

Perhaps this why the more senior members tend to keep quiet nowadays. For me, I think we need to tolerate the more radical members but we still need to moderate our expressions in order to prevent discomforting those not into flamewars.

Any forum is a community of like-minded people. So, let's try to stick to what is the common factor in all of us here, ie love for music and the audio equipment.

If only it was that easy heady...To each his own I guess. Shan't bother to convince the ignorant otherwise anyway. Just look at the state of echoloft, the 'oldies' there aren't in any better shape than their portable counterparts. Lol.

Hi,

Just want to say i won't be reading or replying in this thread anymore. But before i leave, i just want to summarize the events and put some closing thoughts.

Summary of the events:

On the 3 November, I was reading natty135's thread on Jaben.net whereby he was saying that his Super.fi's socket was loose, after changing back from the Westone cables.

natty135:

hmm yea come to think about it. after putting in the ES cables, the UE stock cable aren't as snug.

OH NO!

okay but those cables are compared to the ES cables so i'm quite okay with that.

For those who are not aware, there's been a practice of "modding" super.fis by replacing the stock cables with westone's. There are two methods to go about doing this.

1. Trim the westone's pin so they will fit in nicely.

2. Jam the pins in, which will make the socket permanently bigger, and in a way, damaged.

From my own experience, and from other's, the people at Jaben have used method 2. Again, it may not be done this way all the time, as i cannot confirm.

Back to the thread, after reading natty's post, I immediately suspected that Jaben has used method 2 on his super.fi, as a result, when he use back the stock cables, it feels loose.

So i posted this in response:

Did you get your cables done at Jaben?

If so, did they just stuff the cables in without trimming, if so i think your superfi casing is permanently damaged.

and went on to read the other threads.

When i got back, i couldn't find my reply. Puzzled, i reposted thinking my internet was giving problems. I refreshed the page, and my nickname changed to guest. I went back to the previous threads i posted in, and lo and behold, they all showed "guest" in place of my nickname. That was when i realised, i was being deleted!.

I refreshed the page again, and now i'm seeing my previous posts being deleted. Thread after thread, my posts were deleted. Frankly, It was done with such speed and efficiency, it reminded me of George Orwell's 1984.

Exasperated, i went to headphonehaven and posted my account of this incident. Again, i went to read after stuff, came back, refreshed, "page not found"! Totally, exasperated, i immediately suspected ahdui of deleting my thread and fired off a nasty pm to him, accusing him of being in cahoots with Jaben. Then i proceeded to sgheadphones to post my thread, hoping that my thread will not be deleted again.

However, little did i know, ahdui only moved my thread to another section. Realising my folly after reading his pm, i quickly sent him an apology.

I have to say that ahdui has been most kind in dealing with my accusations. Infact, i also have to give him special mention for being rational and partial.

While i have been flamed countless times, i feel that sgheadphones and headphonehaven are one of the more sensible and mature forums i have visited. I sincerely thank all the forumites for their constructive comments, be it against me or with me. I think at the end of the day, i'm glad my threads did not end up in pointless flamewars.

As for Jaben.net, Wilson has decided to question my credibility and accusing me of hiding behind nicknames and alias, and using "questionable methods" to compete with him.

All i can say is that, nicknames are nicknames. They are meant to hide identity on the net. Moreover, i have only one nickname, torxxx, the rest, dcarter, delano carter, delano adam carter, they are my name. =) It's funny how some accuse you of using alias, when it's really your name. By the way, i am a chinese. Just a chinese with ang moh name. Ask my parents why!

Regarding competing with him using "questionable methods", i have nothing to say. Simply to put it, i do not compete with him through my mass orders. The most important aim in my mass orders, is to split the exorbitant shipping costs for everyone including myself. I do not add "handling cost" or whatsoever, in order to profit from those who order from me.

Another reason is because i have an underused amazon prime subscription (which gives me free 2 day expedite shipping on all orders), which i hope to make full use of by helping others order.

In closing, I just want to say that I do not have anything against Wilson or Jaben. I do not hate them, and i certainly do not have anything to gain by putting them down. Infact, I'd go on to say that Jaben has a great reputation, and this isolated incident should no way be used to judge them.

I just want to let people know that it's better to trim and change the cables yourself, and Jaben.net has tried to cover up this particular incident.

So that's the whole story as i see it. Feel free to post your own. =)

D. carter

Edited by dcarter

Whatever your story is now dcarter glad to know you're going to let this matter rest too. Good luck in your future entrepreneurial endeavors!

Well, if anyone want to know what I was saying about you can take a look at what I wrote on another post here

I did not see a need to write it again, but since people are questioning it.

Regardless,

I think those who are younger and less mature tends to be more radical in their expression of their opinions. And I think this radical style of expressions turns off those who are not into arguments and just want to discuss things audio.

Sigh. I definately see I need to defend youngsters and that includes myself.

Heady, there is no need that bring that in.

Less mature/younger = radical?

Calling youngsters radical is as good as calling old people old-fashioned (thinking, mindset, clothes, etc etc)

You probably do not want people to use that to aim at old people.

The bottom line is, it is just different perspectives.

ezzo,

I did not say younger = radical views or opinions. I said younger = radical expression. There is a difference between the two. It means I may agree with your view but I won't express it in the same way. Regards.

dcarter,

I appreciate your thoughtful gesture in not continuing your arguments in this thread. Regards.

Edited by heady

I had one negative experience at Jaben. Wilson was overseas then, and his shop was run by the 2 guys. One of them was in a very bad mood that day. Needless to say, I didn't get a a very good reception.

Amazingly, I got comments from others saying that it was "customer dissatisfaction" rather than any wrongdoing by the Jaben staff. How it was my fault that other people have personal problems is beyond my understanding. What's the point of asking that so-called troublemaker torx to go down in front of a Jaben crowd? If you like a shop, whatever negative/undesirable things that they do are automatically the customer's fault.

Another example of people defending the shop they like. This involves a PC case modding shop. The shopowner promised the job done in 3 days. The customer gave him 10 days. It still wasn't done. Another reply of "customer dissatisfaction" by the fanboys.

One simple way to tell whether it's the shop's or customer's fault: when another shop does the same thing to you under the same circumstances, your reaction on the spot tells the whole story.

BTW, all my other purchases at Jaben have been very satisfactory, apart from the "customer dissatisfaction" experience. I try to go down when Wilson's around.

Well your case is different iAudio_rocks. What I and some of the others are saying is that consumer dissatisfaction over inferior or less than expected product quality should first be raised with the shop rather than expressed online.

For your case, I would not dispute your unfortunate customer service experience because everyone is human after all and everyone makes mistakes. That said, I feel that those who put the blame of poor customer service on you are not being fair to you.

Hence I hope you can understand the underlying differences and implications between yours and dcarter/torx.

On a separate note, it is of my understanding that this issue or rather this thread has ended on an amicable note so we'll just leave it as that.