dridiot

Denon D2000

Hi all,

I am pretty interested in this set of headphones, does anyone has them or tried it before?

Please share with us your comments on all aspects of the headphones, good or bad?

Thanks In Advance.

Well, I have heard the D2000 briefly.

Starters, the bass extension is awesome, way better than a DT990/DT880 2005ed, both which I heard after the D2000. The soundstage is great for a closed headphone but you will still get the feeling it is a Closed headphone, significantly different from Open headphones.

Bass: There is really loww bass, unlike Grados where there is basically only mid-bass, IMO though.

As for the others, it was too noisy and short for me to listen critically, but the bass that gave me the "wow" factor. I listened to the DT880/DT990 (for the first time) after the D2000 and I was not impressed at all, maybe it is just me, correctly me if you don't agree with me :)

Btw, I think this thread is in the wrong section, I don't see how you might want to bring a D2000 out. Haha.

I will be receiving the D2000 very soon, you guys can hold on or head to Head-fi, there is this longg thread on the D2000.

p.s. Head-fi is still down at the time of this post

Well, I have heard the D2000 briefly.

Starters, the bass extension is awesome, way better than a DT990/DT880 2005ed, both which I heard after the D2000. The soundstage is great for a closed headphone but you will still get the feeling it is a Closed headphone, significantly different from Open headphones.

Bass: There is really loww bass, unlike Grados where there is basically only mid-bass, IMO though.

As for the others, it was too noisy and short for me to listen critically, but the bass that gave me the "wow" factor. I listened to the DT880/DT990 (for the first time) after the D2000 and I was not impressed at all, maybe it is just me, correctly me if you don't agree with me :)

Btw, I think this thread is in the wrong section, I don't see how you might want to bring a D2000 out. Haha.

I will be receiving the D2000 very soon, you guys can hold on or head to Head-fi, there is this longg thread on the D2000.

p.s. Head-fi is still down at the time of this post

Oddly enough, I find my DT880's to be non musical, boring, lifeless, & lacks emotion.. But it's soooooo smooth & relaxing.. & dialouge for films on this can is simply amazing. The highs sparkle, with great air & clarity.. & has a great headstage.. The music is pushed forward so the music fels like its coming not from your headphone but the space in your room.. :shocking: For movies, these are the best cans I ever used.

Hmmm. I have not listened to the Denons critically so I would like to refrain from comparing it with the Beyers. But it regarding the bass, the denons had better bass extension and more in quantity. It is pretty much of what genres you listen to, I definately would not suggest the denons for classical/jazz.

Anyway, my sources are nowhere top notch. A portable cdp, dap and a mini3 portable amp.

My guess is probably like what you said too about the beyers that didnt impress me, "non musical, boring, lifeless & lacks emotion"? But either way, I will wait till I get my denons :)

Edited by ezzo

Hmmm. I have not listened to the Denons critically so I would like to refrain from comparing it with the Beyers. But it regarding the bass, the denons had better bass extension and more in quantity. It is pretty much of what genres you listen to, I definately would not suggest the denons for classical/jazz.

Anyway, my sources are nowhere top notch. A portable cdp, dap and a mini3 portable amp.

My guess is probably like what you said too about the beyers that didnt impress me, "non musical, boring, lifeless & lacks emotion"? But either way, I will wait till I get my denons :)

Yeah.. I hear the PRAT on the Denons are incredible.. Musical, involving.. I still need to get me a pair..

we are selling on our japan base, http://bluetin.com/catalog. you can do a self checkout easily to get the delivery and handling costs. do let us know if you have difficulties using the site.

u guys, or us, can org a group buy to save on postage.

It is around S$400. You guys can check it out (and buy) at pricejapan or audiocubes too. The last time I checked it was cheapest at pricejapan.