PPkiller

D1 opamp.. share ur findings...

why will u use an icute beyond with you have a D1?

D1 is like a 2 in 1(amp and dac), while icute is just an amp..

but to answer ur question, yes.. u can connect to icute beyond since D1 has a aux output.. you will need a mini to rca cable to do the job..

No. You don't really need to. D1 allows you to change the opamp to further improve the sound. However, it is not a requirement for you to mod. The availability of opamps changes allows you to match the different genres of music with different opamp.

where'm I able to find these alternative opamps anyway?

You can check with RS or Farnell. Alternatively, you can get them off Ebay or some of the members in Headfi. I might be able to let go some of my opamps, PM me what u need.

anyone wants a D1/D2 mini meet?

Sure, but if it isn't this weekend, then I'll only be free after mid Jun 08. Perhaps might be better to start a new thread on this to gauge interest.

anyone wants a D1/D2 mini meet?

I wouldn't mind a mini meet. Just let me know the time and the date.

will need a venue... watcult.. are you still attending course at the bt location?

Nope. Just finished my exams ... awaiting for the results. But the rooms there can still be use since no one really check. :P

how about june 28th?

this weekend abit rush.. i may not be able to make it... if a few of us cfm 28th june can make it, i'll start a new thread..

how about june 28th?

this weekend abit rush.. i may not be able to make it... if a few of us cfm 28th june can make it, i'll start a new thread..

28th should be ok with me.

For D1 owners who experience random d/c when useing usb from your pc... the problem lays with the stock usb cable supplied with the D1..

this has been discussed before at http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/ibasso-d1...779/index2.html

the solution is to use another usb cable.. no need to look for those with beads as bead itself will affect the performance of usb 2.0(but not usb 1.1 or 1.0)

Thanks, have been experiencing intermittent d/c, but only recently.

thanks to this thread, i've been busy check farnell for op-amps to roll today. however, most of them are in SOIC. how do you guys convert them to DIP and where to get the adapters? am a newbie when it comes to DIY.

thanks in advance for the advice!

Thanks, have been experiencing intermittent d/c, but only recently.

thanks to this thread, i've been busy check farnell for op-amps to roll today. however, most of them are in SOIC. how do you guys convert them to DIP and where to get the adapters? am a newbie when it comes to DIY.

thanks in advance for the advice!

You can get some browndog adaptor to convert the SOIC into DIP.

http://www.cimarrontechnology.com/index.as...WPROD&ProdID=12