PPkiller

D1 opamp.. share ur findings...

yup..

it should be AD743 instead of AD746

i feel AD743 with lmh6655(buffer) has the potential... it has a very similar sound to ad797 and yet still maintain some of its sound signature.. (hopefully hiflight on head-fi can have a listen to it and give his opinion..)

1 thing i notice about opa627.. it lacks the 'body' in the sound... i notice this when i compare it with the ad797 and ths4032(i'm listening to this opamp right now.. i just unsolder my ad8599 and reuse the browndog)

i may get ad743 next... still considering.. :-)

Edited by PPkiller

yup, thanks for the meet up chaps..

Largely agree with the observations made. Based on the brief listenings, the AD797 had a much tighter bass compared to the OPA627 in L/R. For DAC, the LTC6241 was more laid back and less forward compared to the ADA4841-2.

Trying the LT1364 in the DAC right now, quite promising, will update.

decided to ditch THS4032...

I miss the sound stage and the separation OPA627 has... in another word THS4032 sound congested with contemporary music and complex music... it really turn me off when i listen to those music...

before : lt6241->ths4032->lmh6655..

now: lt6241 -> opa627->lmh6655...

i'm useing lt6241 and lmh6655 for lpf and buffer(giving them a chance.. at least some burning in for them before comparing again)

i ordered some lmh6643 to be used in the buffer... if i'm not wrong opa627 will sound good with some warm factor which lmh6643 can give...

will update again..

LT1364 doesn't work for DAC, music breaks up for complex passages.

PPkiller, possible to get the lt6241 from u?

LT1364 doesn't work for DAC, music breaks up for complex passages.

yup.. same here ... it sounds very harsh for the highs ..

The sounds just cracks on certain recordings...

Probably gonna put back my LT6234 until i finish soldering the LTC6241.

sure... but i'm out of brown dogs at the moment... able to wait for ~ 2 weeks?

yup, no hurry, thanks!

watcult.. u can send the ltc6241 you have to me and i will help you resolder them... i will ask for a small fee(~$3, including postage back to you) i'm useing cardas silver solder btw..

i just tried ths4032 with bypass.. it's a different beast now... no longer does it sound congested.. the soundstage(separation.. but not the depth) is much much wider... better then what opa627+ad8066 can give... clarity is very good.. just that it sounds much closer to me... dunno whether i will be used to it..

Edited by PPkiller

PPkiller, ths4032 with bypass sounds closer, yet still has wider soundstage? :huh:

Anyway, did you guys manage to download the organ track we used to test? Let me know if you need the download link

Sry i am a little off topic >< but i was wondering how do you connect this to an amp like the icute beyond wif only L/R inputs? Planning to get 1 but if cant connect then i would have to put it off ==