PPkiller

D1 opamp.. share ur findings...

all the opamps are tested when still in vargin(no burn in) state....

Dac Opamp(tested with AD8397 for buffers and opa 627 in LR)

Picked > AD8656 - it has the impact of AD8599 and sounds more even throughout the frequency response..

tried > AD8599 - it has the impact when compared with lm4562.. but treble seems lacking..

tried > LM4562 - gives a natural feeling.. more smoothing.. lacks the impact over AD8599

Buffer opamps (useing 595)

Picked > AD8397 - sound seems stronger and more impact then lm4562

tried > lm4562 - could be due to the low current output, not much impact coming from it.. sound seems weak when compared to ad8397

some notes, some of the components on the board may block the browndog adapters from seating in fully. You can either use an extra dip socket as a riser or push the components slightly to the side to have more space.

Edited by PPkiller

i just received 2 x 8066... when used in dac section... it will sound close up when compared to ad8656.. could be due to the zero burn in time... next i leave 8656(8656 seems to be a great match for D1 in dac) in the dac section and replace my 2x 8397 buffers with those... treble greatly improve.... but soundstage sounds closer when compared to 2 x 8397... this could be due to the lack of burn in time... i'll leave this combi in my D1 and let it burn it for the next few days.. :-)

After almost 50hrs of burnin using stock opamp.. running through USB input Foobar2000 - playing 128~192kbps VBR mp3

Volume knob has never gone pass the 8'oclock mark.

Bass has tighter up and the soundstage has expanded abit.

Depth has improved especially for higher bitrate mp3 :)

Can even pick up some background whistling for some live mp3 recording which i never heard before... haha

Using the DAC, able to differentiate the harshness of lower bitrate mp3.

hmm... should i start opamp rolling now :P

mp3? use creative mediasource player 5... (download from creative.com.. tech support section.. just select any mp3 players and look into their downloads)..

in terms of SQ, foobar loss out to creative mediasource player... even with asio4all... (make sure ur wave output is at the max)

hmm... maybe you can consider upgrading ur source to flac before doing opamp rolling.. else with mp3, it will affects ur judgement of the different opamps u intend to try..

mp3? use creative mediasource player 5... (download from creative.com.. tech support section.. just select any mp3 players and look into their downloads)..

in terms of SQ, foobar loss out to creative mediasource player... even with asio4all... (make sure ur wave output is at the max)

hmm... maybe you can consider upgrading ur source to flac before doing opamp rolling.. else with mp3, it will affects ur judgement of the different opamps u intend to try..

Creative mediasource player? This is the first time i heard ppl recommending that.

I already plan to re-rip my cd using flac ... but no time lah :P ... so listen to my old mp3.

However, even mp3 i can hear some differences :)

yup.... the sq ladder for software players will be creative media source > foobar2000 > winamp > windows media player..

you will notice the dynamics from creative media source is much better then the rest...

PPkiller: Check with you.. what is the stock opamp inside your iBasso D1?

Have you tried the LMH6643 as buffer and the LTC6241HV for the L/R?

Edited by WatCult

DAC > AD8656

L/R > ADA4841-2 (neutral and detailed)

Buffers > LME49720 (slightly warm, prefer these to the AD8397s which although energetic, was too mid/bass heavy for my liking)

All impressions based on my v1 D1, using flacs, 192 - 320kbps mp3s via K601.

WatCult, do you have spare LMH6643s soldered to DIP adaptors? Interested to try.

Edited by mimi

WatCult, do you have spare LMH6643s soldered to DIP adaptors? Interested to try.

Nope. I am busy with my exams so i haven't started soldering. <_<

Hope to do it as soon as i finished my exams :)

Edited by WatCult

PPkiller: Check with you.. what is the stock opamp inside your iBasso D1?

Have you tried the LMH6643 as buffer and the LTC6241HV for the L/R?

the new opamp.. 6 something.. i forget what's the exact number... i dun have 6643 to try....

maybe a few weeks after exam we meet up with a few others to listen to the opamps we install?

Just want to check whether we received the new/old D1.

New Version

L/R: LT1364

Buffer: LMH6643

DAC: LTC6241

my buffers and LR is different from yours... 5532 and the ad something.. same as the old config except for the dac opamp..

oh mine.... i just saw D2 on their website...