Sign in to follow this  
HKS

new head phone. =(

hi guys.

Bought a lousy audio-technica headphone. -_- Can some gurus pls guide me how to run in the new headphone. :blush:

Please. Thanks in advance.

:helpsmilie:

Anyone can help? please? :helpsmilie:

anyone can help please? :helpsmilie:

Just leave it on with music playing through it. Maybe leave it playing a little louder than your usual listening volume. Try for around 20 hours first to see if there's any difference. But personally, I just use it as per normal and not bother about this burn in process. It's about the music after all. Enjoy your new headphones!

Hi nofing, u mean don realli need to burn in? :blink: But wat abt the burn in process dat is dicussing abt at other forum? :wacko:

Bro nofing, is audio-technica headphone gd? :unsure:

Edited by HKS

Well burn in is subjective as you would have gathered from here and elsewhere online. No harm giving it a shot though.

Which AT headphone you have by the way? I rather like AT headphones so yea... AT headphones are good. Lol. See what the rest have to say too.

My is a lousy audio-technica headphone. So paiseh to type down the model. :blush:

But seen bro nofing asked abt the model, i will type it down here. But please don laugh at my lousy audio-technica headphone.

Audio-Technica ATH-SJ3 :blush:-_-

Nt a highend headphone........... so paiseh..... :blush:

Geez HKS I think you've the wrong idea about headphone forums in general. It's not some place where people come to show off their rigs and cans. Rather it's about engaging in meaningful and constructive discussion about audio in general with other like minded enthusiasts.

Granted audio isn't known to be a low maintenance hobby but that is not to say we should all reach for the skies. If we were to do that then it would develop into an unhealthy obsession. Instead, it is key to spend within your means and also to invest in equipment which enhances your audio enjoyment. Hence there is nothing to feel bad about.

Lastly, as you progress on your audio journey, you would better appreciate the fine nuances among the various headphones and then judge for yourself which would make for a good pair and it not be obscenely expensive nor the most 'well regarded' model for that matter. Follow your heart, wallet and most importantly your ears as you venture into the world of headphones. After all you'll be the one doing the listening and enjoying the music from your headphones.

Yes, nofing, i understand. Thank you. Thank for your enlightenment.

Can help me again? please? :grin:

Silver Reference or Crescendo, which is better? :unsure:

& can roughly tell me the price. please. :blush:

This audio hobby is realli a spending hobby. :lol:

you're gonna get those IC for your headphones?

not exactly cheap..

they dont make much difference to me in my opinions.

some swear by it but not to my ears yet.

maybe the best upgrade will be your source, followed by headphones then amps. then followed by cables and then power source...

and oh yea.. some headphones make quite a significant difference when burned in and some doesnt even change in sound signature. the best is to try burning it to see if it works for yourself.

and yea.. it makes me spend and spend.. none stop!

Edited by iewgnail

Huh? You going for amp too? Well I would encourage you to first experiment with the various headphones first before venturing into amps. Amps complicate things a whole lot more. And apparently you've gotten yourself into the whole of interconnects too!

With regards to the ICs, PM Stereo Electronics or just call Aron for advice.

Whatever it is, go slow, don't rush. Take your time to try out the various equipment before making your decision.

Hi iewgnail, thanks for replying. i actually using a normal IC for my portable audio enjoyment. :)) Nw trying to burn in the ATH-SJ3 :cans: with Elvis Presley. (sry if its sound old) :P

As for my source, it will be my PMP(portable media player) :D --> Little Dot Micro+ --> OVC TC20/ATH-SJ3. :grin:

Hmm.. try having your mp3 files to 320kbs. this improves your sound definately and it's free! just re-rip the cds using EAC (free program too).

since you got yourself a LDM+, i guess it's okie to use a normal IC for the time being. as it doesnt make significant difference.

upgrade your mp3 files and then probably the headphones.

can go jaben or stereo to try the different iems/headphones.

oh btw what pmp you using? does it have a line-out? a line-out actually improves the sound as well. to my ears, pretty much of a difference.

Edited by iewgnail

Hi iewgnail, yes my pmp- has a A/V line out. line out improve the sound quality?

Wah! all encode in 320kbps, then my memory cards need to change liao. Kekekekeke.

Edited by HKS

yea. line out improves the sound as it bypass the internal amp of the pmp.

and using the ldm+ to amplify your signal instead. most pmp have a inferior internal amp and might add noise and interferance in your signal path instead.

if using headphone out, it's like going through 2 amplifier. amping an already amped signal and sound wont improve so much.

hmm yea. prob you need to have a bigger memory!

if you wanna save some space, you can try ripping a few tracks to different bitrate. see if you can hear between 128, 192 and 320 kbps.

if you cant hear difference between 192 and 320, then encode them at 192 if you want to save space. thats one method.

i encoded my mp3 to 192kbps. :lol: oh...nw then i knw dat the line out will improve the sound quality. Thanks! iewgnail. :))

Mayb change my player? :D

since you got yourself a LDM+, i guess it's okie to use a normal IC for the time being. as it doesnt make significant difference.

I don't agree, it makes a significant difference. When I had my LDM+ and UE 5 EB combi, I experimented with different IC's It's amazing how much the sound changes when you use a good IC. I finally decided on the Ultimate Link Afinity because it tamed the bass more then any other IC I tried. With my current combi the Affinity sounds too muffled so I use a Canare homebrew

Edited by Singapura