Sign in to follow this  
atomiccow

Desktop Headphone Amp Recommendation

I need a recommendations for a Desktop headphone amp. I'll probably be using it with an HD650 or K701.

The list I've been looking at is this:

Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear

Heed Canamp

Hifi500 Stello HP100

Earmax pro or silver

Headamp GS-1

Talisman T3-H

Meier Arietta

My price range is round there.. 400 to 700 USD plus or minus some. Open to other recommendations too.

Thanx

I have Heed canamp and Earmax Pro using with HD600 and K701. Personally feel that Earmax Pro have better sound with both headphones. But K701 tend to distort if you listen at higher volume (past 1 o'clock position).

Not looking into DIY amps because I'm not good enough to build them. Also I'm looking for an amp that does not require an external power supply. 400 to 700 is my budget for an amp with a built in matching power supply. The HeadRoom Millet is stated for recommended use with their HeadRoom Desktop Power Supply.

Not looking into DIY amps because I'm not good enough to build them. Also I'm looking for an amp that does not require an external power supply. 400 to 700 is my budget for an amp with a built in matching power supply. The HeadRoom Millet is stated for recommended use with their HeadRoom Desktop Power Supply.

u asked for it and they have it. the HeadRoom Ultra with everything in 699usd.

IPB Image

The Graham slee solo 'Green' seems to be very well received in the UK

http://rockgrotto.proboards39.com/index.cg...84304561&page=1

Not sure if it's still available, but the thread says offer till dec 07. It's a pre-release model and at 245gbp, I think it's a steal. Would get it if i don't have so many amps lying around...

impressions here:

http://rockgrotto.proboards39.com/index.cg...read=1188233889

Thanx for all the suggestions. However, none of them have helped me really make a decision. I understand this a failure on my part probably to state what I'm looking for.

I listen to a lot of vocalists, classical, and instrumental. I'd prefer a sound signature a little bit on the warm side but still clear and musical.

I really could consider any of these amps you guys suggest, I just don't know what they sound like. Manufacture websites are always biased so they're no real help.

I'm a bit iffy on the HeadRoom line because I have never heard anyone on Head-Fi recommend a HeadRoom. They all seem to lean to the Heed Canamp, Lehmann, and Meier Arietta.

Oh and the Graham Slee is out of my budget. With the PSU1 power supply, its almost a 1000 USD.

Edited by atomiccow

Take a look on SinglePower PPX3 / PPX3 Slam ... Very popular amp at your limit price.

I own MPX3 Slam with somes upgrades

(ppx3 is little smaller)

IPB Image