Sign in to follow this  
xander

Any Rca to Rca cable to recommend ?

I will be getting a tube amp soon.. my current source is imod>super cotton dock>vcap

so I need a rca to rca cable to connect it to the tube amp..

would like to find out what cables are you guys using..

thanks!

I will be getting a tube amp soon.. my current source is imod>super cotton dock>vcap

so I need a rca to rca cable to connect it to the tube amp..

would like to find out what cables are you guys using..

thanks!

ok, I don't know if it will be helpful, but I was very impressed with CablePro V.2 Reverie Eichmann bullett. the fact that it doesn't add any extra sound color to it but, the cable adds transparency, clarity, soundstage, separation, and air.

TaraLabs The One, adds warmth and bottom end. I also have other RCA's that actually add brightness and soundstage. What are you looking for?

ok, I don't know if it will be helpful, but I was very impressed with CablePro V.2 Reverie Eichmann bullett. the fact that it doesn't add any extra sound color to it but, the cable adds transparency, clarity, soundstage, separation, and air.

TaraLabs The One, adds warmth and bottom end. I also have other RCA's that actually add brightness and soundstage. What are you looking for?

Hi,

i looking for one that adds soundstage and clarity..

oh ya.. my budget around $200 to $250..

You have a couple of options. You could go to Norman Audio to see the MIT Interconnects, Van Dan Hul for the silver hybrid DIY, not their premade ones, I use this cable for a mini to mini and it so far beats all the ic i have tested. However, You have to get the 4 rca jacks, teflex, heat shrink from LHS at Sim Lim Square. I got 15cm for 50. So its up to you if you feel its worth getting

You have a couple of options. You could go to Norman Audio to see the MIT Interconnects, Van Dan Hul for the silver hybrid DIY, not their premade ones, I use this cable for a mini to mini and it so far beats all the ic i have tested. However, You have to get the 4 rca jacks, teflex, heat shrink from LHS at Sim Lim Square. I got 15cm for 50. So its up to you if you feel its worth getting

ohh icic.. but i am not really a DIY person.. not good at such things..

hi~mind me raise a noob question?

what is a vcap?

Ohh... vcap are actually capacitors, Oil Impregnated Metallized Polypropylene capacitors.

you can go to aloaudio.com to check out more info..

they actually also have the Teflon Film Tin Foil (TFTF) version, the slightly cheaper version.

Edited by gene83

With regards to the Van Den Hul cable. Just get the rca jacks and whatever else you need, go to Kingsley on the 4th floor and but like 2 meters of the silver hybrid and they will make for you FOC.

Ohh... vcap are actually capacitors, Oil Impregnated Metallized Polypropylene capacitors.

you can go to aloaudio.com to check out more info..

lol,i googled it and at the begining it leads me to the v-cap website~~i was wondering how u all put such a cap in between ur rig~checked out the aloaudio, as long as alo implemented it in this fashion,would it be too bulky to put them in between your imod and amp? tat's really a hefty stack :shocking:

and do they really have such big impact on SQ?

It really depends how much you'd like to spend. Judging by your gear, I'm thinking you wouldn't mind dropping USD$150-300 on a set of decent cables? There are so many reputable cable companies out there... Nordost, Chord, Transparent, Audioquest, QED, Van den Hul, Cardas, Wyrewizard, PS Audio, Harmonic Technology... gosh I could go on forever :P All of those companies have cables in the $150-300 price range. Of course, there are also smaller cable maker companies like Signal Cable, Blue Jeans Cable, Better Cables, etc...

Get whatever looks good ;):beer: