Sign in to follow this  
xander

Any Rca to Rca cable to recommend ?

With regards to the Van Den Hul cable. Just get the rca jacks and whatever else you need, go to Kingsley on the 4th floor and but like 2 meters of the silver hybrid and they will make for you FOC.

oic.. thanks..

You can try the classifieds in the Echoloft forums for good second hand ICs. These would have been burned in and you can get relatively good ones for the price. My personal favourite was the Nordost Blue Heavens.

I've been trying out quite a few cables over the past year but still using Belden 89207.

Found quite a few lower end branded I/Cs that are better at some areas but still lose the 89207 in some aspect; at least on my system.

It usually lose in the area of soundstage depth and pinpoint imaging which is a little vague. may not be a severe problem on a headphone system. I ordered mine from LHS with Neutrik Profile connectors. Cheap enough to give it a try before spending more.

Take a look on Oritek X-1 ... they seem very good and very very good review on the net and forums.

I have Oritek X-2 in order ...

The review on 10audio.com seems really positive. Where did you oreder the X2?

direct

http://members.aceweb.com/orim/audio/OritekAudio/slide7.html

not the cheapest but apparently outperforms cables which are much more expensive.....

BUYER BEWARE: cables are system sensitive... bear that in mind b4 paying loads of money based on recommendations/reviews.....

Read the X1 review on Positive Feedback, sounds like a discription of the Goertz Micropurl Silver I'm using; killer details and soundstaging but low treble a touch lean. Email me if someone has the X1 and like to A/B

I have the X-1, it sounds very close to the ks1030 but without the killer micro-details. I am now in love with any acrolink interconnects, I find them to have better price/performance ratio. PM me if you want to try the X-1 for A/B.. :-)

hi yotiao,

I emailed you. BTW my office is near Biopolis.

Which series from Acrolink are you using?

Edited by laukinkon

Take a look on Oritek X-1 ... they seem very good and very very good review on the net and forums.

I have Oritek X-2 in order ...

Care to give a brief review of your new X-2 here? Thanks.