heady

SG Headphone meet 2007

I don't mind Tanjong Rhu area as it's nearer to my place :grin: . Yes, I am also afraid that the conference room will be quite small though it said for 40 pax... hmm, razer YGPM.

Are we expecting MORE than 40 people? Wow, that's a big crowd....

Edited by heady

from the website it shows, only the cinnamon and saffron hall are available to public. But judging from the picture, looks small.

of course NOT, please read the description, thks. if you have better suggestion, would appreciate that

of course NOT, please read the description, thks. if you have better suggestion, would appreciate that

I am trying to think of possibilities. If I offended you with my question, please accept my apologies. The only place I can try for now is my condo's function room but it isn't convenient, as it's at Changi.

dont worry heady i dont think yotiao meant that she took offense.

i think razer's function room would be good actually.

it would be better in terms of monetary and we might be able to pool some money for food too!

I am trying to think of possibilities. If I offended you with my question, please accept my apologies. The only place I can try for now is my condo's function room but it isn't convenient, as it's at Changi.

No no no, was just trying to direct you to the reason and asking if there's other option :innocent:

Ok, from what I see, if you guys want two function rooms as in we split the divider, its gonna be pretty big. Would hold up to a 100 people. Spacious. Toilets included. Price wise I can only give u guys a quote as the management office isn't open.

i think we dont need to hold that many people.

half would be good :)

would you revert back with the quote and whether if its avaliable?

thanks razer.

Not to mention seats/chairs since standing the whole period would be taxing for some of us more 'senior' guys!

Also, it might be nice to have a separate area for people to have their refreshments. This also enables people to chat in a separate area from the 'listening room'. Based on experience, noises from people talking can be distracting for those trying to listen to the equipment.

Not to mention seats/chairs since standing the whole period would be taxing for some of us more 'senior' guys!

Also, it might be nice to have a separate area for people to have their refreshments. This also enables people to chat in a separate area from the 'listening room'. Based on experience, noises from people talking can be distracting for those trying to listen to the equipment.

Ok basically, the the function room has a large middle divider that can be pulled away to make a larger room. However, if we book two rooms and have one as the listening room and the other as the refreshment chatting room, it would be fine. Both rooms are connected by a small passage way or u could exit the first room and then enter the second room.

I can't be providing refreshments unless we get a caterer. But if you guys don't mine, we can buy refreshments ourselves from the minimart next to the function room.

And for older guys who cannot stand long periods of standing you can kindly squat or sit on the floor.... :shifty: just joking...I think there should be enough chairs for everyone....

Ok, i just checked, one side of the function room is $80 per session excluding GST. Sessions are in 8 to 12, 1 to 5 and 6 to 11 time intervals. Since the meet is from 9 to 5, we'll be booking two slots. That will be $160. Opening up the other side would mean its gonna be $320. And, prior to booking, a $200 deposit for each side would be required thus if its 2 sides plus 2 sessions it will work out to be $320+$400 deposit. Each side can accomodate a maximum of up to 50 people. So both sides would mean 100 people. I've seen dinner functions, business conference and parties held there before and from past experience, the air conditioner there is cool, has both male and female toilets inside and tables as well as chairs would be provided. What I heard is that up to 50 tables can be provided per side.

However, on the 22nd of December, the morning and night slots are all taken up. That is, 8 to 12 and the 6 to 11 slots are all fully booked. So only the 1 to 5 pm slot will be available. So its 1 to 5, $80 + $200 deposit and GST EXCLUDED. So we have to do our own math.

Unless we can find a better place, I guess its the only place that I'am confident which can hold all of us and provide ample space for our equipments....Anyway, I guess we could probably drag the meet by stretching the timings a little longer....You know....1230 to 530 instead.

Edited by razer