Sign in to follow this  
Sputnik

buying a DIVX HDD (or what they called a Multi-medial player) unit to

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if its worth the trouble to get those DIVX HDD cases (Those with the ability to play MP3, DIVX video without the use of the computer) and just hook it up to a Headphone Amp or a Amp for audio alone ...

i've seen two types of cases sold at Sim Lim Square so far these are the models that i've checked out so far

anyone can give some opinions on the idea of turning a MP3 collection to play directly on your amp w/o the use of a computer (or a portable MP3 player for that matter)

http://www.mvixusa.com/product.php?product=mv5000r

http://www.sarotech.com/english/cgi/pd.cgi?cmd=view&rno=26

These will probably set u back around 200-high 300s SGD w/o the harddisk

thanks for the comments

i use both Noontech and TViX with excellent results. got 500GB ide HD for both units and the plug N play solution is wonderful on my 1080i hitachi plasma. i play AVI movies mostly. highly recommended!

Edited by sghound

cool! ... thanks for the tip... any idea where can i purchase the above mentioned HDD/MP3 enclosure...in Singapore? ...

the cheapest MP3/HDD enclosure that can play direct is around S$249 (w/o HDD)

cheers

cool! ... thanks for the tip... any idea where can i purchase the above mentioned HDD/MP3 enclosure...in Singapore? ...

the cheapest MP3/HDD enclosure that can play direct is around S$249 (w/o HDD)

cheers

both at SLS. noontech from alphawave on 6th flr & TViX from memory world on 4th.

where did u find the Sarotech?

both at SLS. noontech from alphawave on 6th flr & TViX from memory world on 4th.

where did u find the Sarotech?

sorry about the late reply ... the sarotech is found on the 6th floor SLS ... they are demo-ing it on a LCD TV ...

u can't miss it .. especially the red sarotech :)

Sitex has a few places selling stuff like this quite cheap 100 for a 3.5hdd casing that can do divx playback without hdd.