Cankin

Headamp Pico

Not really, for one, the Pico has a DAC, and for another, the Pico does a better job driving headphones with higher power requirements, though of course nobody in the right mind will get a portable amp for such a can, so this point is pretty moot, and its basically your own preference.

I've owned the P51 before and sold it. Got sucked into all the hype of Headfi and did something stupid. I very nearly bought a Pico after that though. IMO no contest, so really not much point arguing about this kind of preference thing.

I used the pico with my shure 5E, yuin ok1, and ed9... there bass improvements and the mids were smoother, no much difference in the highs though. Comparing with the mustang, the mustang does everything better than the pico and is smaller in size but more expensive

Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure if the SE530 will be an overkill as all these portables are compromised in some ways to meet budget and size constraints. I'll look into the Yuin OK1.

I got the Pico DAC to use it on my notebook's USB. My purchase decision is not entirely based on SQ (though this is important too) as I like its clean looking casing in clear anodized finish. I find design clutters like unnecessary details and loud busy graphics an eyesore.

The OK1 are ear plugs... looks like ordinary ones but have a high impedence of 150... normal mp3 players may not be able to drive them properly... the highs are good but u wont get head pounding bass from these. They are more suited for classical or jazz

The OK1 are ear plugs... looks like ordinary ones but have a high impedence of 150... normal mp3 players may not be able to drive them properly... the highs are good but u wont get head pounding bass from these. They are more suited for classical or jazz

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not really into mega bass; as long as the bass is balanced and not overly bloated and slow. Most important for me are balanced tonal balance and refined treble & mids since most of my recordings are acoustic type. The have some good reviews and only the look is kind of cheap:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Head-Di...Yuin/OK1/4.html

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/yuin-ok...arisons-315035/

I tried the Image X10 at Jaben and seems a lot more dynamic & full bodied than the tiny size suggest. The recording quality from someone else iPod is quite poor, so I can't really confirm the treble quality. My pet peeve is thin bright sound, so this seems promising too.

I also found this really positive review of the Nuforce NE-7M; seems really increable for the price and looks good too.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/review-...15-09-a-383617/