Cankin

Headamp Pico

Guest dragonboy

Why??? It had been rumoured that they're using the same DAC. And the amplification are similar to the P2. Moreover, if you can get the first shipment of D2..... the op-amp are changable. :think:

Unless the reason is that the PICO is more expensive and designed in US. I don't grade performance from price. I'll wait , listen , and see how.

Edited by dragonboy

I wun be getting the pico for the DAC... it would be just used a an amp. I have not tried the P2 or the D2, will check out some of the reviews first...

Guest dragonboy

If you aren't using the dac, why consider the pico or D2 since partial costs to build the amp comes from the DAC? A dedicated headamp would make more sense since you can get a better headamp at the same price with better SQ as there're lesser circuitry.

Try the I-QUBE ...... I had recommended a few friends to try it out. Most end up as their new toy... a medium damage toy. :dance:

If you aren't using the dac, why consider the pico or D2 since partial costs to build the amp comes from the DAC? A dedicated headamp would make more sense since you can get a better headamp at the same price with better SQ as there're lesser circuitry.

Try the I-QUBE ...... I had recommended a few friends to try it out. Most end up as their new toy... a medium damage toy. :dance:

The Pico is available in the non-DAC version which I have, it's very well built and small, in comparision to my Hornet, it made the hornet look like it was made in China.

Soundwise, the pico is definitely better than the Hornet in many area. Firstly, it's quieter and I can appreciate quiet classical passages better. Vocal tracks sounds detail and bass is tight and controlled, probably loses out to the hornet in speed and attack which I don't listen to most of the time.

Still I'm returning the Pico back to Justin tomorrow, did I mention I did a A/B with the i-qube? ;)

-ohn' date='5 Mar 2008, 10:14 AM' post='99001']

The Pico is available in the non-DAC version which I have, it's very well built and small, in comparision to my Hornet, it made the hornet look like it was made in China.

Soundwise, the pico is definitely better than the Hornet in many area. Firstly, it's quieter and I can appreciate quiet classical passages better. Vocal tracks sounds detail and bass is tight and controlled, probably loses out to the hornet in speed and attack which I don't listen to most of the time.

Still I'm returning the Pico back to Justin tomorrow, did I mention I did a A/B with the i-qube? ;)

Why you returning the pico? anything wrong with it?

I dun want the i-qube becos its too big an bulky. Want something smaller... I am currenty using the tomahawk

once u've tried the i-qube, u'll forgive whatever bulk it is. the sound will be the standard by which future portable amps are compared against. plus the i-qube's digital amp design will be much copied in the near future. it's already so much smaller than the LISA hence for now it doesn't really get better than this.

Want something smaller... I am currenty using the tomahawk

smaller? look no further than the iBasso T2.

sound from the T2 not as nice as the tomahawk

ahh, the size vs sound tradeoff.

if tomahawk not as nice sounding as i-qube, would u consider something slightly larger?

Edited by sghound

dat is of course... the tomahawk sound is far from the i-qube... can consider something slightly larger but not bigger than my Cowon D2

dat is of course... the tomahawk sound is far from the i-qube... can consider something slightly larger but not bigger than my Cowon D2

bring the toma to Stereo and compare with i-qube, i think u'll be pleasantly surprised. it sure beat the heck outta my Hornet.

hmmm... ok... will try to make an appt to go down to stereo. I read that the i-qube is fantasic and blows away all competition... but it requires 4 AA batt to operate... sigh...

Guest dragonboy

Tried the Tomahawk before buying the I-qube. My personal opinion...... TOMAHAWK IS NO WHERE CLOSE TO THE I-QUBE. :party:

You must really try it before you buy any headamp at the $1000 range. You wouldn't regret it. :rclxms: