Sign in to follow this  
fishball79

Slimmest portable player for Shure E4C

I want to know which of the smallest portable players you guys have tried that can drive the shure e4c such that a seperate amplifier is unnecessary... no real budget/capacity concerns... so long the shures are well driven and don't cause an extra bulge in my pocket :)

Edited by fishball79

the Samsung K3. wonderful headout. dun touch the Apples, they sound better with lineouts. 6.95mm thick 50g weight, small enough for you? less than $200 from Merdeka.

Edited by sghound

Would agree with sgHound on the K3. The headout sounds pretty decent. The only thing that bugs me is the fingerprint marks all over it. Haven't heard the new shuffle, but the 1st gen shuffles sounds pretty decent.

Would agree with sgHound on the K3. The headout sounds pretty decent. The only thing that bugs me is the fingerprint marks all over it. Haven't heard the new shuffle, but the 1st gen shuffles sounds pretty decent.

There is a drop in price on the K3 since it is now being replaced by the T10.

IPB Image

Picture shown above Samsung YP-T10

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

I want to know which of the smallest portable players you guys have tried that can drive the shure e4c such that a seperate amplifier is unnecessary... no real budget/capacity concerns... so long the shures are well driven and don't cause an extra bulge in my pocket :)

less than $200 at Stereo E.

I own a 2nd gen shuffle and I have also heard the 1st gen shuffle. The 2nd gen is way better than the 1st gen. Apart from the memory capacity and compactness, the amps are better than the 1st gen. That's what I can say in case you plan to go for a shuffle.

I own a 2nd gen shuffle and I have also heard the 1st gen shuffle. The 2nd gen is way better than the 1st gen. Apart from the memory capacity and compactness, the amps are better than the 1st gen. That's what I can say in case you plan to go for a shuffle.

Huh? Generally most agree that the Shuffle 1G sounds the best stock amongst all the iPods as it is using a Sigmatel DAC and chipset. The new Shuffle 2G sounds a little thin with the new Samsung chips also used on the new Classics. I would use my Shuffle 1G a lot more if the battery lasts. You can still buy them off Apple's web site with 1yr warranty.

Thanks for the advice all.

I've just borrowed a 1g shuffle from a friend to use. Out of curiousity, anyone compared the 1g shuffle directly against the samsung?