christmaslovebird

Recommendation for newbie

Currently look for an headphone for watching DVD and playing Xbox in the late night .

1) Had anyone own or experience the creative HQ-1900 ? How is it compare to Philips 890 ?

2) Where can get the Philips 890 ? Can recommend other brand headphone similar to Philips 890 ?

3) My budget will be around $150

thanks

Currently look for an headphone for watching DVD and playing Xbox in the late night .

1) Had anyone own or experience the creative HQ-1900 ? How is it compare to Philips 890 ?

2) Where can get the Philips 890 ? Can recommend other brand headphone similar to Philips 890 ?

3) My budget will be around $150

thanks

You might want to consider the Sennheiser PX100, sound very good for less than $100.

Thanks mamboman for your recommendation . After lots of readup , I think I will go for the ATH-A500 ,it seems suit me . :D

Glad that you found the cans you like. I have different cans for different types of moods and music

You can also consider auditioning the ATH-M50. Easy to drive and accurate. Their build is similar to the v6. I think i read somewhere that they sound similar to the A700 but i think it is best you audition them.

Hi watcult , thanks.

Do you know the difference between A500 & M50 ? Does this M50 within my budget . Do you know when can I audit both cans ?

I don't really know the differences between them cos i have never tried the A500.

It is smooth sounding .. i feel the bass impact is sufficient for me.

I got it as a present so i am not too sure about the price but bluetin is selling them for $159.

Since Stereo has given his opinion about the M50... he should have them for audition. He is a friendly chap maybe he can advise you better.

Stereo @ Causeway Point.

Thanks Watcult for your input .

Hi stereo electronics , do you have the both cans for audition ?? How much diff in price between two ?

Unfortunately the M50 is not in stock, (Walcult was looking for them, haha..) but you can audition the A500 anytime.

Just to add on, I don't mean that the M50 aren't good but for gaming and movies, they may not be my first choice for the budget.

Unfortunately the M50 is not in stock, (Walcult was looking for them, haha..) but you can audition the A500 anytime.

Just to add on, I don't mean that the M50 aren't good but for gaming and movies, they may not be my first choice for the budget.

Yup ... i was looking for them. My colleagues got it for me :) LOL ... no wonder they suddenly ask me about headphones and stuff.

so what will be your recommendation for gaming and movies @ that budget?

Edited by WatCult