Sign in to follow this  
Guest dragonboy

new wooden audio technica headphone

Guest dragonboy

hi, new guy need help. Anyone heard of a new wooden audio technica portable close headphones? Can't seem to find in any stores? Any idea where I can audition it?

:cans:

Guest dragonboy

any idea whats the local retail price? I don't want to aim for something i can't afford.

Stock available now in Singapore. Welcome to preview.

Edited by bluetin.com

Have them and I am enjoying them as a very good sounding portable. They had almost displaced my ATH-ANC7s for general listening at my office for me.

They are something like mini-Wk5s to me less the large sound image of the W5k.

Guest dragonboy

went down to stereo today and auditioned the ATH-EWS9..... pretty good for a portable closed back headphones. Very comfy... premium wood housing.. lambskin earpads... light & portable. Also tried the Grado SR-325, but feel that the comfort & isolation not as good... could be coz its open designed. No point having the best headphones if you are sitting in the train with kids blasting their irritating cellphones.

End up buying the ATH-EWS9. Will run in & hear what happens

Guest dragonboy

couldn't resist the temptation when aron frm stereo let me tried the ibasso t2. Current set-up... ipod classic 80gb.. all in WAV... ibasso T2 .... ultimate link silver reference i & of course ATH-EWS9.

Still require some running in as my most of my equipment are new except my ipod. But definitely the LOD frm the ipod for the T2 is definitely much more cleaner & transparent... bass control much tighter.

I thought that cables are not that critical till i tried the silver ref i. WOW! Amazing diff. Aron ripped me off another $139 :cry: . No regrets yet. My cables are customize so that they could fit in my hard case. Something which i saw at stereo used by one of their staff.

Will post a photo of my case when my camera is available.

couldn't resist the temptation when aron frm stereo let me tried the ibasso t2. Current set-up... ipod classic 80gb.. all in WAV... ibasso T2 .... ultimate link silver reference i & of course ATH-EWS9.

Still require some running in as my most of my equipment are new except my ipod. But definitely the LOD frm the ipod for the T2 is definitely much more cleaner & transparent... bass control much tighter.

I thought that cables are not that critical till i tried the silver ref i. WOW! Amazing diff. Aron ripped me off another $139 :cry: . No regrets yet. My cables are customize so that they could fit in my hard case. Something which i saw at stereo used by one of their staff.

Will post a photo of my case when my camera is available.

Hmmm, up till now, I'am still skeptical about great improvements of sound quality from cable changes given if the stock cable is of listenable quality. And I've also not heard much if not been able to hear the differences between really pricey cables that well...From the Zu Mobius to Zu Gede and cardas interconnects or Canere cables belden ones, the valhallas....Bless you that you've got good ears then....And bless your wallet too... :blink:

Guest dragonboy

I wouldn't say that u must have good ears to hear the difference. It's just that my ears are more senstive. I can hear those high frequency that my wife & buddy's can't pick-up. Well, that's definitely not a good thing... Coz i tend to spend more than i should on my H-FI electronics.

Portable & IEM's are my new hobby so this is just a start. My next toy is the AKG K701. Any idea are they any dealers in S'pore that allows home-trial? My cd player is Wadia with Classe Pre & Power ... Can't possibly bring them down to try? :helpsmilie:

My next toy is the AKG K701. Any idea are they any dealers in S'pore that allows home-trial? My cd player is Wadia with Classe Pre & Power ... Can't possibly bring them down to try? :helpsmilie:

u won't be able to drive the 701 properly with your current setup. u need good current from a proper headamp. Stereo has the Higher Fidelity HA-01 amp that can handle the demands of the 701. and oh, u can try the combo there too. check with Aron.

Hmmm, Wierd thing is that I can also hear high frequencies very well. No problem. Did the ear test thinggie online and faired very high. Plus I'am still in my teens so that makes me young. :D Not yet married so I'am not an old man yet... :yuck::D But still, I don't know what to really look out for as in what differences that I'am hearing in cable changes...Like for example, a simple 1/8 to 1/8 interconnect for iPod to portable amp sounds pretty similar to me be it stock cheapo ones or higher end kinds...

Guest dragonboy

Higher Fidelity HA-01? What make is it? I had been to stereo but did not happen to see the HA-01. Anybody tried this amp? Would appreciate if anybody can highlight on the characteristic of this amp.

cheers! :party:

hi, new guy need help. Anyone heard of a new wooden audio technica portable close headphones? Can't seem to find in any stores? Any idea where I can audition it?

:cans:

Hi, maybe my mini review might help :)

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=8193

ATH-ESW9 is very good for vocal, pop, jazz, instrumental, and classics. Might not have enough byte for rock and heavy metal.