Sign in to follow this  
zer061zer0

1W card amp

My case up 1w amp, much thanks to Fuzzy bucket for he introduce me to the card amp.

The case is from my old cmoy, look rather similar to jasonhansik cmoy in the cmoy constrcution thread.

IPB Image

Hi,

Got more details of your card amp?

Thanks

its a very small pcb kitset offered by future kits, i sort of replace some parts but the end SQ is still not as good due to a slight hiss, but it makes a pretty nice gift for my frd.

yes, thats the one, relatively easy to build you can wire in a volume pot instead of the trimmer. I also replaces some of the mylar parts with polyproplyene.

Actually i have a question on the mylars and pp caps, what do they affect on the signal path. if say i incease the value what is the expected result(thoeretically and sonically) of it.

hi all!! haha

back from a very long break

the future kit company has another kit for headphones

http://bp3.blogger.com/_JmXRll445GA/SEAdIz...-h/DSC01419.JPG

i used tantalum caps instead and tiny boxed polyester caps

value at 0.22 rather than stated design at 0.1

new layout also hoho

Made the same kit that zer061zer0 made but the noise was quite bad if you're using it as a headphone amp, but quite ok if you use it power those little portable speakers. Can't really seem to get rid of the noise even with higher resistor values or cap change. How's this one?

if you're talking abt the notorious hissing

i dont have an answer

i use it outside n with open phones haha

the hiss not prominent then

zer061zer0 came up with a solution

he did tell me but sadly i didnt write it down anywhere back then

according to him he didnt notice the hissing with high impedance phones

why not you ask him? :D

all i can recall is that short 100 ohms resistors on both channels but i cant remember whether its at the input stage or the output :think:

hmm... worth giving it a try, funny thing i notice if i shield the circuit with my hands from my lamp, the hums goes away.

hmm... worth giving it a try, funny thing i notice if i shield the circuit with my hands from my lamp, the hums goes away.

If your lamp is fluorescent, then it is not unusual. Fluorescent lamps throw out lots of RF due to its design. If your eyesight is extremely good, you will notice that the lamps actually flicker at a very high rate. For most of us we can't see this until the lamp gets old.

So it means you need a good Faraday cage for your amp.