Simple

Headphone advise

Dear all,

I am a father of 3 girls and I wanted to buy a headphone each for my daughters this Christmas. As my budget is limited. I am thinking of spending less than a $100 each for a headphone. I would prefer the on-ear type (not the clip-on or in-ear type). The usage would mainly be on the PC. The Audio Technica FC7 looks interesting. Can you advise what I should get?

Dear all,

I am a father of 3 girls and I wanted to buy a headphone each for my daughters this Christmas. As my budget is limited. I am thinking of spending less than a $100 each for a headphone. I would prefer the on-ear type (not the clip-on or in-ear type). The usage would mainly be on the PC. The Audio Technica FC7 looks interesting. Can you advise what I should get?

How about the panasonic RP HTX headphones? They come in various different colours and have a retro look to them and are circum-aural meaning that they cover ur whole ear. But price is a little over a hundred quids. However, if your budget is strictly below $100, then I'am afraid I can't help you. Don't know much about headphones in that price range...

Err... a 100 Quid is £100 ie S$300. I think you may mean a little over S$100? What about the iGrado? They are under S$100 a piece and come in black and white. A bit goofy looking for my tastes but hey I'm 45 so it doesnt count right? LOL

If you don't mind the type with headband, you can try Koss Porta Pro, best bang for the buck :) Surely under SGD 100.-

How about the panasonic RP HTX headphones? They come in various different colours and have a retro look to them and are circum-aural meaning that they cover ur whole ear. But price is a little over a hundred quids. However, if your budget is strictly below $100, then I'am afraid I can't help you. Don't know much about headphones in that price range...

Are you referring to the Panasonic HTX-7? They are below SGD$80.

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Wow! The Panasonics look quite nice! Anyone has them and can describe the sound? Should be perfect for Simple cos can get in 3 different colors so the girls won't fight!

Guest dragonboy

The panasonic HTX looks retro.... Very cool colours. Think most ladies would love it! :wub: Wonder how it sound. Any dealer in S'pore allow audition this less than $80 headphone? As long as it sound reasonable, I think my wife would love it as a christmas present. :lust:

My suggestions for sub $100 (portable) headphones:

AKG K26P

• More contemporary looks
  • Closed design (does not leak out sound)
  • Foldable/collapsible
  • Powerful bass for a small headphone (may be suitable for gaming)

KOSS PortaPros

• Bling retro looks
  • Open design (leaks out sound)
  • More balanced sound than the AKG (IMO) but still pretty punchy
  • Foldable (Ball like shape)

Both don't need external amplification (good for portable DAP applications). I prefer the PortaPros in terms of SQ but the K26P has isolation which I find useful when you don't want to disturb people around you (library) or need isolation (public transport).

Even cheaper KOSS SportaPro is just as good if you don't mind the open design & plasticky looks (so your kids might not appreciate them as gifts unless they only care for SQ!). Added advantage is the headband can be converted to behind the neck. Correct me if I'm wrong but the drivers on the SportaPro looks like they are very similar to the legendary KOSS KSC-35 clip-ons.