Sign in to follow this  
Rowdy

Alamarro For K1000

Any forumers out there using Almarro Integrated Tube amps? How are they? I recently stumbled upon the rather small A205A MkII amp from Almarro that comes with an XLR jack specifically for K1000s.

As I am new to the K1000, any owners out there can advise on whether this will be a good amp for the earspeakers. Reason I am asking is that the Almarro apparently puts out only 5WPC whereas some forumers have remarked that the K1000 needs at least 7WPC.

Another issue is the XLR mod, plugging the hardwire part of the K1000 into the amplifier would negate 10ft or so of the other part of the cable. I understand as well that the K1000 need at least 8ft of cable to sound optimal.

Essentially, I am looking for a smallish integrated amp to drive my K1000, preferably tubes, so if the Almarro is OK, will probably make a beeline for it.

Thanks!

Any forumers out there using Almarro Integrated Tube amps? How are they? I recently stumbled upon the rather small A205A MkII amp from Almarro that comes with an XLR jack specifically for K1000s.

As I am new to the K1000, any owners out there can advise on whether this will be a good amp for the earspeakers. Reason I am asking is that the Almarro apparently puts out only 5WPC whereas some forumers have remarked that the K1000 needs at least 7WPC.

Another issue is the XLR mod, plugging the hardwire part of the K1000 into the amplifier would negate 10ft or so of the other part of the cable. I understand as well that the K1000 need at least 8ft of cable to sound optimal.

Essentially, I am looking for a smallish integrated amp to drive my K1000, preferably tubes, so if the Almarro is OK, will probably make a beeline for it.

Thanks!

Wrong place to ask...Haha, headfi would warrant you with a much more satisfactory answer if not try out head-case...Sgheadphones has too small a population to have enough people with enough experience with the K1000's and this amp that you just mentioned to give u a satisfactory reply. I may be wrong but then again, its better off asking people at head-fi.

Thanks! You are right! I posted on Headfi and got very relevant replies within the hour, with pics of the K1000s plugged into the Almarro no less! But I still like this site, got a very local flavour and lots of advice on portable stuff.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all! :))

The Almarro got good responses on Headfi. I pair my K1Ks with a Pass Labs Aleph 30 (30watts) single ended solid state which has the benefits of solid state and also warmness of tubes. However, I've recently got my hands on a Airtight 300B set amp, but have not set it up yet. May consider selling the Aleph if the Airtight is a keeper. Havent tried tube amps b4 so not sure if I'll like it. Moreover, SS amps need less warm up time b4 being "listenable" and not much maintenance too. U can demo the Almarro at Aural Designs (Adelpi) but don't think they have one with an XLR jack for the K1K. IIRC that is an option that the US dealer offers, u can check with Aural Designs if they'll do it as they do customization upon request. However, I havent seen any 4-pin XLR jacks available in Singapore, but I didnt check thoroughly. Not sure if LHS has it.

Edited by jig_sg