Sign in to follow this  
blacklistor

re: any better affordable replacements for a er6i?

hey guy, need some advvice here! im currently using an etymotic er6i. i was wondering if it's worth the bucks to upgrade to a ultimate ears superfi. 5 pro. any suggestions? by the way, does ultimate ears superfi. 3 pro sounds similiar to er6i?

Guest dragonboy

3 studio definitely does not sound like the 6i. 3 studio have more bass control where the 6i bass is almost minimal. But the 6i have very clear highs & mids. extremely good vocals. So if you're a bass guy, i think the 6i is out for you.... that is unless you have abt $400 to spent on the 4P.

Personally, I'll prefer the 6i.... but will definitely go for the 4P once my wallet is ready. :party:

I used to own an ER6i, which i liked very much. Once it broke down, I bought an UE SF5Pro after a short audition. It was initially impressive, because of deep bass that Ety lacks.

But overtime i began to dislike SF5Pro. If you are using triple flange on ER6i, chances are you will find it very hard to get used to rubber tips of SF5Pro. I used to get almost perfect seal with the triple flange, but after 8 months of trying different rubber tips i still cant get anything near that on SF5Pro. If you are into foam tips then i don't think you'll would find adjusting too difficult.

I also find that SF5Pro bass seems rather muddy, the midrange lacks detail of ER6i, and wearing SF5Pro a bit uncomfortable than ER6i, probly due to size and weight.

Its best you give it a little audition, but be wary not to be wowed by the bass straight away and ignore the rest of the sound.

Guest Cruise

IMO, the SF5Pro sounded kind of artificial to me.. I would prefer UM2 anytime :)

Yeah, I agree to that. If you love details in your songs esp vocals and classical, ER4P is the way to go :)

Some people just love the ER4P, others might hate it.. It really depends on what you want them for though.. $400 for a single-armature driver is a little too much, considering that SF5Pro consist of dual-armature driver and yet cost lesser than the ER4P..