Sign in to follow this  
Burger

Headphones for home use. What should I get?

My budget is about $300-$400+... I have many in mind now, DT880, DT990, AKG K240/241 studio, HD600, K701, MS2, ATH AD-1000, and maybe ATH ESW9, I tried alot of them, but I'm really split by all the choices, because many are telling me that some can't be drove well without a good amp. I currently have a Visely HEA-1, DT990 was quite okay with it, but DT880 sounded a little flat and dark for me.

Guest Cruise

What kind of sound are you looking for?

Well, Im not sure whether your amp will work with K701.. If power amp is an issue, go for the MS2 instead.. it can be driven easily without an amp..

Guest dragonboy

Grado SR-325 a lively headphone that do not require much power to drive :cans:

Agree on the Grados, give them a listen. I am listening to my MS2 right now driven by RSA Hornet, very dynamic and easy to drive. The sound is very live, just like being right in the middle of the music. Only problem is the ear pads which presses on your ears, not as comfortable as the circumaurals.

Ermmm... since you have the Bayers, perhaps you should consider other brands to experience their sound signature...

Honestly, given the plethora of headphones that have been listed, why don't you just drop by either Stereo/Jaben/Farle and give them a go?