Sign in to follow this  
vodka

Earphone Recomendation

Im now currently using the v moda vibes and im enjoying it but the sound isolation was bad so i am thinking of changing it. Currenty im thinking of the Etymotic ER.6i , wat ur guys think of it? And wats the price and where can i get it ?

Edited by vodka

Guest dragonboy

I saw SE having the ER4p.... but didn't seem to come across the 6i. But I think they have the 6i for audition. Why not try the 6i with maybe the UM-1 or 3studio? At least u have more choices.

Guest dragonboy

I think the distributor is Norman Audio at The Adelphi. You can also try Jaben and Hung bros.

But it'll be safer to call and check whether they stock the etys before going down coz etys stocks isn't very constant and always take quite some time to arrive. :no:

hmmm then i better give them a call XD anway i cant really go down and truely audition them as holidays are ending so have to trust the ears of the people XD

i also got 1 in mind which is the q-jays and i know that it sounds great in high and mids but not not very bassy , if i add a amp with it to make it more bassy will it spoil the iems?

Guest dragonboy

Never had the chance to try the q-jays. But i-qube with the 6i was fantastic. The amp doesn't alter too much on the characteristics of the 6i and it enhanced on the vocal transparency especially on the highs & mids.

IPB ImageIPB Image

Although there's nothing much to rave about the bass of 6i, the amp did really tighten the lows. Why not give it a try?

wat bout super.fi 5 pro? i maybe getting that cause it isnt to ex and it seams to sound great XD from wat i heard but it it very fragile?

So far I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the build of UE IEMs, the most common complaint I see so far is probably the fitting/sealing of the IEMs and that the cables are too stiff.

I'm thinking of going for the SF5pro too... what's the price like now?

Guest dragonboy

Jaben & Stereo selling for abt $379. Yes .. the UE 5pro may have some problems with the driver moulding for some models. That probably depends on how "lucky" you are.

Local UE are covered with 2 years warranty & normally they would just simply do a one to one exchange.

My buddy just brought a 5pro to SE for exchange. I guess its pretty normal for earphones coz he had earlier exchanged three broken down mylar 3. :cry:

It's either he's a "very lucky" guy or simply too rugged for these earphones. :grin:

I just did a check on amazon... to have it shipped to Singapore would be about $250.

For a difference of about $120... have to take the risk that if the phones break down, will have to go through the hassle of sending the phones to UE. Hmmmm...

Guest dragonboy

Strong competitor to 5pro at that price would be the highly acclaimed UM-2. Dual amature drivers with very strong cables.... probably one of the few earphones that is MADE IN USA. Majority of the earphones are china made... UE, Shure, ETYs, Sennheiser,V-moda..... not that they are in any way inferior.

Very good isolation with comfortable fit. So comfortable that u could sleep with the earphones.

Personally, I still prefer the etys 4p. :lust:

haha the um2 is that gd? doesnt the sound dont quite suite some people? for the ue im considering cause of the size haha , anyway i heard from some people of low frequency sounds?

Edited by vodka

Guest dragonboy

I agree that not everyone suits um-2, especially me. But most of friends are looking at the um-2 like the king of earphones & the coming westone 3 like "GOD".

UM-2 not for me but westone 3 .... gotta try to know. :think:

I agree that not everyone suits um-2, especially me. But most of friends are looking at the um-2 like the king of earphones & the coming westone 3 like "GOD".

UM-2 not for me but westone 3 .... gotta try to know. :think:

i was thinking of the westone 3 but not really sure bout the price , haha

Guest dragonboy

I don't think it will be below $600. But the main thing is we won't even know when it be available. I had been calling SE & jaben till they're i bit pissed off by me. :cry:

SE say ... coming soon ....coming soon since april 2007.... i think must wait long long :grin: