Sign in to follow this  
BlackCatz

What Do You Use as your Source?

Guest dragonboy

My ipod 80gb are all in WAV when I'm on the go. For home, I'm using the Wadia cd player as my source.

Still my best cd player so far. Nothing else come close. :thumbup:

Wah, how much did you spend on that wadia? Do you have any recomendations where i can start off? Very very tight budget though.

Is there a good ipod dock where I can get the nicest audio quality from the ipod, I think i saw something like that a while ago, can it compare to the good cd players like wadia?

I'm using a FubarII USB DAC decoding ripped CDs from Foobar player. I changed the stock PS to something with higher current.

Guest dragonboy

I got my Wadia transport 22 & DAC 12 for abt S$4500. It was the cheapest available in the wadia range 5 years ago. Wadia is one of my first choice for digital devices. :party:

Heard that they're coming out with the iWADIA. Will check when it's coming in. Can't wait to lay my hands on it. :rclxms:

I'm not sure what standard you're looking at but I find tubed sources more satisfying at the budget level.

The FubarII is quite decent for casual listening but I'm using a relatively cheap Softone Model 2 tubed dac from Japan on my main rig.

I'm not sure what standard you're looking at but I find tubed sources more satisfying at the budget level.

The FubarII is quite decent for casual listening but I'm using a relatively cheap Softone Model 2 tubed dac from Japan on my main rig.

You mean the Fubar is a cd player or a device from the computer? how much is it?

It's probably the cheapest USB dac on the market. Just connect up to your PC's usb and you're ready to go....need an amp/hp on the other end of course.

It's probably the cheapest USB dac on the market. Just connect up to your PC's usb and you're ready to go....need an amp/hp on the other end of course.

Where can i buy it? I think i saw something similar built by creative? Is it good?

Topic moved. Would appreciate it if you could post in the relevant forum. If you're looking into a PC source then it's here. If you're looking for a DAP source then it should be posted in portable audio. Otherwise people will start recommending full-fledged CDPs, SACD players etc. It also helps to post what's your budget.

For instance at S$680 the Dugood Glory Year CDP seems to have a small following. I would recommend that you try it for yourself - if you are looking for a budget CDP for home use.