vodka

Portable Amp for UM2?

Cool. Out of curiosity, did you enquire if the audiologist can produce the custom eartips? I read on head-fi some guy in Australia went to an audiologist to get his earmold and ended up letting the audiologist make the tip. Apparently it's a 'standard procedure' for some people who use hearing aids. And a much cheaper option too.

Can give us the name of the audiologist that you visited? Cheers :think:

I got mine done through stereo, had to do the ear impression from an audiologist (Suntec City) though cost me $63 for both ears

Not sure how much does it cost to send them over now. You can contact Aaron from Stereo.

Total expenditure on the tips? Care to share? Interested too.

I would recommend the mini^3. It's really rather cheap compared to other portable amps, and has been compared to the Hornet. Besides, it has the advantage of active ground as well.

Post an advert on the classifieds, or DIY one yourself. (I messed up the opamps, didn't solder to the right place. :( ) It shouldn't cost too much. Probably <SGD150, unless you buy from Rockhopper audio, which charges USD120 if I am not wrong.

Another possible choice is the govibe petite. I just love how it sounds with the E4C. Never tried it with the UM2 though. It's really clear and clean. It's been compared with the Hornet (and D1) as well, and does not really fail.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/review-go...p-vs-d1-287689/