Sign in to follow this  
williamneo

Step by step tutorial to build your own cmoy amp

Good day everyone!

My name is William, I understand that there is alot of people like me who isn't really good at electronic or had a hard time reading those schmatic diagram. So I have write up a blog on sharing how to build a cmoy amplifier by using picture of step by step tutorial. For those of you who interested please check my blog at http://www.williamneo.blogspot.com/. Hope this help! :)

sincerely

William Neo

Nicely done indeed!

One question though... What's the component part of the pot that you're using?

Nice Job, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there suppose to be a 10 KΩ 1/4W resistor between the LED and the +ve at step 4? You might wanna add that in cos I read somewhere on tangentsoft the LED will burn up if it's missing.

yeah you really need the led resistor, if you don't put it in, the led will draw so much current that the battery won't last long. the resistor there will control the current.

For 9v battery, the resistor's value can range from 560 to 10k ohm, depends on how bright you want the led to be. Try to use as high value as possible though.

a little comment: you should probably add more detail on how to solder those jumper wires (the green links in your diagrams) i think beginners might get confused about this. Actual photos would be nice.

another thing, metal film resistors (usually blue colored) would be more suitable for an amp. it's still quite cheap at 10 cents a piece iirc.

i love the way you put pictures to describe the parts list. but looks like the actual audio jacks that you use is different from the picture.

and the main point is that you give a nice layout that is easy to solder the jumper wires (no messy wire crossings)

cool

Edited by 1bit

sorry ar, OT a bit ask a suakoo qns, wats the diff between blue and beige resistors? to indicate 1/4w or 1/8w?

thanks! but is there anything to indicate 1/4w or 1/8w, etc?

Edited by mouz

Nice Job, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there suppose to be a 10 KΩ 1/4W resistor between the LED and the +ve at step 4? You might wanna add that in cos I read somewhere on tangentsoft the LED will burn up if it's missing.

Yup i didn't add the resistor there on my amp, i will update the page asap. In fact so far my led didn't burn up might be due to i am using 9v batt instead tangent is using 18v if i not wrong.

yeah you really need the led resistor, if you don't put it in, the led will draw so much current that the battery won't last long. the resistor there will control the current.

For 9v battery, the resistor's value can range from 560 to 10k ohm, depends on how bright you want the led to be. Try to use as high value as possible though.

a little comment: you should probably add more detail on how to solder those jumper wires (the green links in your diagrams) i think beginners might get confused about this. Actual photos would be nice.

another thing, metal film resistors (usually blue colored) would be more suitable for an amp. it's still quite cheap at 10 cents a piece iirc.

i love the way you put pictures to describe the parts list. but looks like the actual audio jacks that you use is different from the picture.

and the main point is that you give a nice layout that is easy to solder the jumper wires (no messy wire crossings)

cool

As for the led resistor i will update that on e blog. The comment regarding the jumper wires for real pic is abit hard for me my phone camera can't take very close shot it look blur, i will try to borrow a digit camera to actually take some real pic so that i can update it... thanks for e comment

Nicely done indeed!

One question though... What's the component part of the pot that you're using?

Oh you mean the volume control pot i am using? For that i just buy those normal dual pot you can find at SLT.

Yup i didn't add the resistor there on my amp, i will update the page asap. In fact so far my led didn't burn up might be due to i am using 9v batt instead tangent is using 18v if i not wrong.

As for the led resistor i will update that on e blog. The comment regarding the jumper wires for real pic is abit hard for me my phone camera can't take very close shot it look blur, i will try to borrow a digit camera to actually take some real pic so that i can update it... thanks for e comment

Oh you mean the volume control pot i am using? For that i just buy those normal dual pot you can find at SLT.

Yup! The volume control pot... hmmm... is there a value for the pot, eg 10K, 100K etc? Also... what's dual pod?

Can share how you drilled the holes for the tin?

Thanks!

Yup! The volume control pot... hmmm... is there a value for the pot, eg 10K, 100K etc? Also... what's dual pod?

Can share how you drilled the holes for the tin?

Thanks!

I use a single hole puncher brought from bookstore. http://williamneo.blogspot.com inside got a the picture of it under tools. the value of the pot is 10k. Dual pot has 6 pin and single has 3 pin. dual pot for stereo L/R channel while single only has mono channel either L or R.

Edited by williamneo

ok i have updated the cmoy amplifier instruction:

Added: 10k dual pot onto part list 2

added: R6 10k ohm 1/4W resistor onto part list 2

added: R6 Resistor for power led and save current flow

One last stuff I gonna add in is a Picture instruction on how to solder the green line jumper as commented by 1bit.

I am very appreciate all your comment and all the question so that I will be able to add in to the instruction blog in order for many more ppl to understand easily, once again thank you guyz.

Thanks! Saw the tool...

Now I'm thinking of doing up a cmoy... the instructions are very clear... thanks once again...