savagedp

Recommend Soundcard to do recording at home...

Hello,

new to this place...

I would like to ask if anyone has any recommendations for a sound card?

I need to use it to do recording sometimes. I compose songs sometimes and so I will arrange the song myself, play the instruments and record them down.. currently, i use a crappy method which is mic up my stuff and record... sounds like crap... my old pc could record one instrument at a time using audacity... and the soundcard was onboard... now my current NEW pc can't do it.. also on board...

so anyone has any recommendations for me ? I also use my PC to listen to music. mp3s and CDs and watch movies.

I was thinking of the following

EMU 0404

X-Fi Xtreme Audio

USB Sound Blaster Digital Music SX

kinda on a budget here... less than 150 would be great... but if not, maybe over a little....

anyone ? thanks...

For HIFI Music playback and recording,EMU 0404 is much better than rest of soundcards you listed.

For Home Entertainment(e.g watch movies),X-Fi Xtreme Audio and Digital Music SX are better than EMU 0404.

M-Audio Audiophile2496 also a good choice for music recording and playback,price is more or less same as 0404.

Which one you wanna pick up?it depends on your needs.If you like music and recording,you can choose 0404 or m-audio2496, If you like watch movie,you should choose X-Fi, because if you are using professional soundcard to play movie, the sound also like crap :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Edited by OMG

Hmmmm thanks for the response...

for me

it'll be a fair bit of recording. once in a while here and there....

majority of use would be for gaming, dramas and music....

i'm still looking around . haven't decided yet.... might be even getting a piano first.. so... this might just need to wait...

coz even a PS3 is in the waiting list right now for me. haha :)