Sign in to follow this  
Prince Leia

Grado GS 1000 Owners

Hi all, I'm new to the forum...I've been using Grados for years & totally love the Grado GS 1000 :lust:

Seeking all Grado Fans & GS 1000 Owners to share facts & myths about these super cans.

Edited by Prince Leia

Hello princess LOL.

Yes I have been a grado fan for many years. At one point of time I had all the grados - well almost all for an extended period of over a year (but not the GS1000 or the PS-1) I auditioned the GS1000 sometime back and I can say it is the best currently manufactured Grado.

The only complaint I have is that my skin is allergic the foam pads. :-) Am also alergic to the foam that come with Etys ER-4.

As such I have to stick to cans that have cloth or velor.

Cheers

Rameish, Prince lah. :))

Edited by heady

ok, prince, how would you compare the GS1000 and the HF1 you have?

I can't afford the higher end grados but i have a hf-1 and I must say i'm not the greatest fan, and the only thing stopping me from selling is that it's limited edition, if sell then heart very pain. At the same time I've read so many bad things about this GS1000 I don't know what to believe, and I haven't heard it myself. So what, to you, are the myths?

loop and prince,

Best to listen to it yourself using different amps. It's very easy to make any heaphone sound bad. For instance:

1) X-Cans + any Grado = Ear Bleed

2) Creek + Senn HD-600 = Lifeless music

Of course some may like/prefer it bleeding or falling asleep - who am I to blow against the wind...

Best to listen with your own music and decide.

Yup, IMHO GS 1k's or any Grado seem to work well with the RA-1(despite many -ve reports)

Although Grados have a certain "House Sound".... But siblings have very different characters, attributes & short comings.

My current rig seems to work for me, It has a very organic,lush old school "analog" sonic signature which I've been missing and love so much :dance:

So I guess I'am the only one who disapproves the Grado GS-1000's sound. And probably the Hf-1's as well. I feel that these two headphones sound mediocre out of anything I've tried them on. From GS-1 to HA-02 and then the blackcube linear and the RA-1, I hated them GS-1ks....

So I guess I'am the only one who disapproves the Grado GS-1000's sound. And probably the Hf-1's as well. I feel that these two headphones sound mediocre out of anything I've tried them on. From GS-1 to HA-02 and then the blackcube linear and the RA-1, I hated them GS-1ks....

nope u're not the only one. make that 2. hate the GS1ks, never rated it with any amp. gimme the RS1 anyday.

System Synergy.

Often underrated, seldom considered, but essential for all components to make beautiful music together. :grin:

Although I am a Sennheiser man at heart, I would choose the GS1000 over the RS1 when I feel like listening to a Grado.

A wide soundstage, smoother highs and greater comfort are the main reasons for my choice. For low volume listening, the GS1000s are perfect. They provide the bass undertones that lay the foundation of great listening. This is often missing in other headphones at low volumes.

I have always found Grados to be sensitive to amplification and they need some muscle behind to sound their best. I have always preferred them driven by a set of nice glowing tubes.

Is it just me or does the GS1000 sit relatively loosely on the head?

Edited by tbln

hi, any idea if the larger GS1000 cushion can fit into Grado smaller models like SR80?

Fitting 20" Rims onto your Golf GTi will not make it perform like a Bugatti Veyron :doh:

Fitting 20" Rims onto your Golf GTi will not make it perform like a Bugatti Veyron :doh:

no it won't but it might make it more comfortable.

Hhmm...I seem to be getting comments from people who don't own the Grado GS 1000 or are not fans of these headphones !?!

Original Topic: "Grado GS 1000 owners, share your views on these super cans"