Regarding the wearing of the Westone 3, I have the same thoughts as Jim Barry @ Head-fi:

"I find this a problem too. I was so frustrated that I actually came very close to returning the W3. But I have figured out a workaround.

Here is a picture to illustrate the issue:

IPB Image

The UM2 clearly allows to tip to go quite a bit further into the ear. My solution is to cut off a small piece from an old Comply tip and use it as a spacer to push the tip slightly away from the body of the earpiece:

IPB Image

Here is the end result:

IPB Image

Now I get the same isolation I had with the UM2, and the sound quality is great. The only problem is that when I take the earpieces out, the tips tend to get left behind (not a huge deal as they are easy enough to pick out of my ears). I might try applying a few spots of glue to the outside of the sound tubes, so that the tips don't come off quite as easily."

For me, when i fit in the grey tips, i will not insert the tip fully into the Westone 3, but leave about 1-2mm of the nozzle exposed. I find that this creates a better seal for me and the image firms up.

yes go down. the price they quote very reasonable. bu I'm still waiting for it to drop. :)) i hope.

:sign0006:

Actually everthing will rise in Price as production and Manufacturing cutting down to cut cost. Lessening supply which would affect demnd too. The law of supply and demand catching up. :doh:

Look what happened to UE. :helpsmilie:

:b2t

Anyway I do agree the W3 is a great phone unfortunately not to my taste. But the Distant Cousin really getting to my head and WALLET. :moneyflies:

Was able to try out a ES3x. My first taste of hearing a custom even without a seal and it trumps my IE8 by a mile IMO. :cry:

Can anyone disclose what's the current selling price for this? thanks.

W3s the last time i asked, which was a few weeks ago, costs $599 at Jaben.