It's taking a very long time, isn't it :cry: This is the only universal IEM that I will consider (don't like E500 sound, don't like 3fi10Pro form-factor) and I'm having to wait ages to read impressions, let alone decide whether I'll like the sound...

This is the only universal IEM that I will consider (don't like E500 sound, don't like 3fi10Pro form-factor)

same here. dun like shure sound and UE sticks out of ears like sore thumbs. enough excuses, Westone 3 is wanted NOW!

People has been asking me why the delay on the westone 3, some say it's because of the iPhone and some says Shure paid them money to release it on the later date ( :D ) and etc.

The latest update from Westone design team:

While our original plan was to begin shipments of the new Westone “3†by late spring 2007, several issues have come up which required additional work. Although these issues are relatively minor, the “3†is our new flagship earpiece and we are committed to shipping product only after it meets our rigorous performance and quality standards.

As we transitioned from prototype tooling to permanent tooling we discovered a 3 dB drop centered at 10K. Having identified the cause of this sudden drop in output at 10K, we are now in the process of making the appropriate changes in tooling to correct the problem.

The “3†has top-notch components and is destined for a very discerning audience. This flagship of the Westone line of earpieces must both look and sound as good as our customers demand. We simply will not release the “3†until the quality is consistent enough and the sound good enough to bear the Westone name.

I apologize for the delay, but rest assured we will continue to make every effort to ship the “3†just as soon as possible. We are excited about bringing you the best sounding earpiece available and can’t wait to get it into your hands. Please be patient as we come down the home stretch. I firmly believe that it will be worth the wait!

Karl Cartwright

Design Team Lead

Westone Music Products

So release date is still like...indefinite?

"As soon as possible" can be a long time away...

Man! i'm contemplating between e500 and westone 3....can i hold out that long?

So release date is still like...indefinite?

"As soon as possible" can be a long time away...

Man! i'm contemplating between e500 and westone 3....can i hold out that long?

Gald I didn't wait for the Westone 3, got the E530 2 months ago and enjoying it until I feel the need to change to the Westone 3 on a god knows when it will come day.

I am pretty sure Stereo will not be selling at SGD611 la ...

USD399 is definitely the recommended retail price.

I've been in business long enough to know that recommended retail price is way higher than the price retailers pay.