Sign in to follow this  
BlackCatz

Headphone recommendation?

Hi, im looking for headphones to travel around with me, my budget is <$200

I have considered the HD555 though they are great, there just too big to be wearing around in public, I want something smaller like the sr-80.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for audio technica or other brands other the sr-80 or better?

Oh yea where can I go for a test drive? Thinking of going tomorrow, and what time do they close if you do :)

Guest dragonboy

You shouldn't miss out the Audio Technica ATH-ESW9. One of their latest portable flagship! Real wood housing, Lambskin ear cups. Also another closed cans so listening on trains or bus will not be a problem.

I bought mine at Stereo Causeway Point. You try since they have a demo unit available. :cans:

But theyre $400 sing, way off my budget, a second one would cost around $280.

Found a second hand A900 instead for $160, is it good? Which should I buy? Is the price difference justifyable?

Edited by BlackCatz

Guest dragonboy

$200 is a pretty good price and they should be in good condition since they out for 1-2 months only. ESW9 should not require an amp as it is quite efficient.

Just got them. They sound better than any other earphones I have everheard before! The bass is good too! Thanks so much! (The lambskin is very soft and blocks off tones of noises when im in the train but your ear gets a little pricky feeling when you wear it for too long.)