alvin1118

DIY Amplifier [ICUTE->TDA7294 100w Stereo Amp]

hmm, not sure is it appropriate to post my DIY amplifier here. Hope i didnt violet the SGHeadphone' rules and regulation :P

all right, here's time to share with you guys my 1st DIY amplifier. Basically, it is built out of ICUTE as preamp, TDA7294 OP amp.

Before i actually started building this amp, i was wondering, why audiophile DIYer keep emphasis on resistors, capacitors would affect the overall sound quality of the system. For me(at that time ^^), a capacitor is a capacitor , what it does is to dc coupling/filtering/rectifying. who cares about the brand? who cares about those 'high-end' cap?

you might want to laugh @ this moment, haha. me too ><.

yes, i am wrong. Good capacitors and resistors did improve the sound quality significantly!! That is the main reason why good components like Dale resistors; ROE, FRAKO, BC Components capacitors etc are always can be found in high end audio/visual equipment! Those high end components are rarely found in current market product due to the business strategy nowadays(cut cost >.<)

so much words, time to show my work XD

Preamp: DC-ICUTE w/ dale resistors, FRAKO Capacitors, Epos & OPA2134 :P

IPB Image

TDA7294 Stereo Amp: ROE, Philip AHT118, FRAKO, SILMIC caps. ROE & Philip 118 i like the most! sound GREAT!!!

IPB Image

Speaker Protector:

IPB Image

Rectifier: Philip AHT118, Vitamin Q Oil Cap(detailed sounding & bass became more Q~!!), Panasonic for Audio cap

IPB Image

Full Assembly:

IPB Image

Closed up: Icute->TDA7294->SP linked by mogami 2549 high quality signal cable!

IPB Image

Mogami 2546 High Quality Cable: 3.5mm to RCA DIY :P detailed and clear sounding ! Neglex copper EMI shield! it does make a big different as compare with low/mid end cable. try to believe!

IPB Image

Tannoy R1 Bookshelf Speakers:

IPB Image

Have been working with my DIY about one month. its done! i'm almost content with my audio system now :P

now trying to build USB DAC(PCM2702) & RA1 headphone amp. my source is not so good, laptop built in sound card. lol. hope the DAC would improve my sound in greater stage!

p/s: do give my 1st diy comments :P your comments is my encouragement! hahahaha

I must say that's quite some serious work, linking the parts together to make some sort of integrated, integrated amp. (right?)

Nice job, even more so since it's the 1st DIY attempt.

Have you started on the RA1? May I entice you with the CKKIII?

http://www.amb.org/audio/ck2/

It's always good to have someone build it before I do. Haha. =P

I must say that's quite some serious work, linking the parts together to make some sort of integrated, integrated amp. (right?)

Aaron, just do it man!

By the way, these look pretty sick, where did you find all the info to build this.

lol, will start my PCM2702 DAC + RA1 after CNY. most likely on week 11 Feb. yah it's an integrated amp. hehe~ amb lab stuff looks good! too bad that i dont have a decent headphone, else i will be diy-ing one for myself :P

Aaron, just do it man!

By the way, these look pretty sick, where did you find all the info to build this.

erm, i assume you are asking me right ?hahahah :P

i got all those stuff from a taiwan friend. he is able to supply me audiophile grade components and PCB + advices. a nice person who are willing to share nice stuff XD of course @ acceptable price. lol

^ Yup. He is (we're school mates).

About the nice stuff thingy, it's a great thing to have good contacts in the audio equipment world. I really like the idea of making an integrated amp out of different parts.

^ Yup. He is (we're school mates).

About the nice stuff thingy, it's a great thing to have good contacts in the audio equipment world. I really like the idea of making an integrated amp out of different parts.

yah, the process of DIY is good.quite interesting especially when it works !! can share some experience with friends etc, great XD

btw, happy chinese new year! :P

i have just changed the normal copper wire which i used it for signal part, to MOGAMI NEGLEX 2549 cable.

Path: ALPS VR<->Preamp<->Amp.

I would say the sound is warm and sweet now! Vocal is clean and transparent! sound stage also improved. A quite impressive cable. good things must share manz XD

IPB Image