Sign in to follow this  
Slumber

A few qtns <.<

Hi guys,

I have this Koss KSC55 where the foam ear cushions have dried out and crumbled. Now the drivers are totally exposed. I have removed the remaining bits of the ear cushions and where can I get a replacement pad for the earphones? Are there simple alternatives to fixing this problem - say for example buying a spongepad and cutting a mould and just glue it.

Btw, when adjusting the earphones plug by turning it around when plugged in, I experienced a distortion in the sound. Does this means that I need to replace the plug?

Pardon me for my phrasing if it comes across weird. I ain't exactly familiar with the exact wordings to explain it clearly.

Guest dragonboy

It would be a bit difficult to cut out an exact shape of the koss 75. You can find compatible sponge at sls or stereo. Why not send them a e-mail to check availability?

Whereas regarding your distortion could be caused by your player's earphone input. Try with another source and see what happens. If it's still there, you could have the plug replaced at slt LHS 2nd floor. I'm not too sure how much they charge... but if you need to go through the trouble of replacing the sponge & the plug, why not change a new headphone since the koss 75 isn't too pricey.

Went through a lot of cleaning for CNY and wanted to revive whatever earphones that's lying around.

It's KSC 55. Quite an old model. Bought a few years back. Stereo's too far for me. :shocking:

Might just take a spin around SLS later.

Anyway, is it recommended for me to change the plug for a 3 yr old Senns MX500 and also whether it's more economical to change the plug for the extension cable for the panasonic RP-HJE50 or just buy a new extension cable?

TIA :yes:

Edited by Slumber

Guest dragonboy

A new MX500 cost less than $25 ..... extension cable less than $10. I don't think its really worth all the trouble... unless its of sentimental value.

I've changed the plug for both my ATH CK 7 and MX 500. MX500 is my first pair of earphones after stock earbuds. OOooh.. the love for it. :wub:

Intending to move onto portable amplifiers. How does ATH CK7/Panasonic RP-HJE50 sound with the LDM+/ibasso P2?

Edited by Slumber