Sign in to follow this  
heady

What do you think?

Very pricey plugs for Canare.... :rclxms:

lol price is only a perception. never an indicator for ultimate quality. wats more important is synergy.

I have a mix of relatively cheap Daiyo and relatively more costly Audioquest. I didn't really pay attention to them, or attempted to determine if there are any difference.

One day I was re wiring my system and swapped some of the cable, I think I noticed a bigger sound stage, I checked and noticed that it was the Audioquest, formerly it was linked by the cheaper Daiyo. Is it my mind playing tricks on me? I don't know. And I didn't attempt to do further research as well, I hate doing comparison and prefer to enjoy my music. :)

Don't know about portable, but my theory is the shorter is the cable, the less that it would alter the signal that it carries.

Hi, how about combining both sets, not as mixed pairs, but in series, and hear whether there is a difference? I did that and was surprised! Better to hear your impression! I wonder what's the 'high' about silver? Anyone to enlighten us? :))

Guest dragonboy

Most people would link silver with "bright highs or harsh sound". Those are probably silver-plated cables which have silver plate over copper cables hence different conductors. Might not be a bad thing especially if your system is dark sounding too over warm.

My choice would still be pure silver. Superb warm vocals with detailed separation. You really need to try them to understand. Might burn a hole in your wallet though.

That's the trouble with 'contraband' silver wires. Is the price the only indicator of 'pure' and 'inpure' silver? 99.90% vs 99.99%? Really that's splitting hairs! Actually what would be an acceptable silver wire (in terms of purity); and how much should it costs(in terms of value-for-money)? regards