Sign in to follow this  
williamneo

DIY State of Art Grado RA1? Beginner Learn here!

Hi William,

You do know that Grado RA1 is registered trademark and normally cloners will not even want to name it for fear of legal action. Perhaps you can call it "the product which must not be named"?

Regards

lol so i can choice my own name for that cloner? that will be cool ya lol.

alamakazam, SLT currently no stock, but I think they have JRC 4560 $2 each.

lol so i can choice my own name for that cloner? that will be cool ya lol.

alamakazam, SLT currently no stock, but I think they have JRC 4560 $2 each.

I'm interested in building this myself. Thanks William.

So will the JRC 4560 replace the NJM? What will the disadvantage be?

One more thing.. any shops to recommend in SLT that can sell high quality parts? Want to build a good one.

Edited by Sean

space electronic at basement on the right of battery shop, the uncle say they have JRC 4556 chip. Sean JRC and NJM are the same company.

space electronic at basement on the right of battery shop, the uncle say they have JRC 4556 chip. Sean JRC and NJM are the same company.

Thanks! I was just there. Only managed to find the JRC4556AD (not AL). Do you think this will be okay? As for the TLE 2426 virtual ground, I wasn't able to find it at all so I'm just going to use your other power supply schematic.

Could not find any Dayton caps. Wanted to buy online but minimum order is USD50!! Postage was estimated at about USD30.

So I'm just proceeding with what I found and hope for the best.

Coming back to the virtual ground circuit, there was a 220uf Capacitor. What is the voltage for this cap?

The 100k Dual Volume Pot I got has 6 legs!! Any pointers you can give on how I can connect it? In the diagram, it looks like they are all connected to the ground. Should I connect all 6 legs to the ground?

Thanks! I was just there. Only managed to find the JRC4556AD (not AL). Do you think this will be okay? As for the TLE 2426 virtual ground, I wasn't able to find it at all so I'm just going to use your other power supply schematic.

Could not find any Dayton caps. Wanted to buy online but minimum order is USD50!! Postage was estimated at about USD30.

So I'm just proceeding with what I found and hope for the best.

Coming back to the virtual ground circuit, there was a 220uf Capacitor. What is the voltage for this cap?

The 100k Dual Volume Pot I got has 6 legs!! Any pointers you can give on how I can connect it? In the diagram, it looks like they are all connected to the ground. Should I connect all 6 legs to the ground?

For the virtual ground cap use between 25v to 35v will do.

for the dual pot they have 6 leg mean 2 leg are the ground, 2 leg are the in and 2 leg are th out.

[attachmentid=3963]

Good Luck!

post-4040-1206352972_thumb.jpg

Edited by williamneo

give you one more in case you need it

[attachmentid=3964]

After you have successful build it please show me some picture ok so i can post online to show off your amp! Thanks

post-4040-1206353985.gif

Edited by williamneo

For the virtual ground cap use between 25v to 35v will do.

for the dual pot they have 6 leg mean 2 leg are the ground, 2 leg are the in and 2 leg are th out.

[attachmentid=3963]

Good Luck!

Wah! Thanks! This is so helpful. Google also cannot find haahaa..

give you one more in case you need it

[attachmentid=3964]

After you have successful build it please show me some picture ok so i can post online to show off your amp! Thanks

Was about to ask you this as well!

I'm now connecting the power supply. Since I don't have the TLE2426 yet I just whack the first one.

Definitely will post once I'm done.

while it is possible to find datasheet online and ask people in the forum, another solution for answering the questions about the potentiometer pin is to test it out yourself using an ohmmeter.

i know it's probably quite a hassle for a beginner to even considering buying a multimeter, then there's also that learning curve for using measuring equipment. but trust me, a multimeter is really a great help for diy.

and it makes diy-ing much more fun, not mentioning more scientific as then you are able to measure electrical parameters in your amp and see for yourself the improvement that different components or circuit topology brings to your amp or any other circuit in general.

oops sorry a bit out of topics.

anyway good luck with your diy. i hope it is successful and you have fun with it.

while it is possible to find datasheet online and ask people in the forum, another solution for answering the questions about the potentiometer pin is to test it out yourself using an ohmmeter.

i know it's probably quite a hassle for a beginner to even considering buying a multimeter, then there's also that learning curve for using measuring equipment. but trust me, a multimeter is really a great help for diy.

and it makes diy-ing much more fun, not mentioning more scientific as then you are able to measure electrical parameters in your amp and see for yourself the improvement that different components or circuit topology brings to your amp or any other circuit in general.

oops sorry a bit out of topics.

anyway good luck with your diy. i hope it is successful and you have fun with it.

Was trying to find the datasheets for the parts but the items purchased from SLS such as the 100k Ohm Pot or headphone socket do not have datasheets.

Maybe when I get more serious I will buy a meter.

Built the power supply last night and came up with a plan on how I'm going to wire up the main part. Will post it here later..

This is the plan I have for Williamneo's 'GWADO' head amp. William, if you're free, care to have a look?

Cheers,

Sean.

IPB Image